XX Tour Versatile

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

XX Tour Versatile

Post by biggs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 am

Anyone been using this rod??
Wondering what its being used for and any other info you think might be useful or you want to mention......good or bad.

Thanks in advance.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: XX Tour Versatile

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:28 am

Jig, creature, lipless, soft swimbait, large spinnerbaits and deep crank.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:47 pm

What reel are you guys using on this rod?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Never Mind.. i've already talked myself out of this impulse buy..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

In case you change your mind, I use my Daiwa SV103 XS with 20lb fluoro on this rod for t-rigs, and such.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Thanks
a lot of times i think about getting another mb rod say like the PP or worm rod or even the EMTF but having the Megabass Gambler is like having the excalibur sword. I dont see anything I dont like about this rod except that I only have one.. I really like this rod but I watch a lot of Tacticalbassin videos and they are using more and more of the Megabass Rod line up and there is one on the EMTF that I found interesting. Yet I think the Gambler although shorter is just as good if not better. It certainly can pitch any lure you want.
If i could have afforded to at the time i would have gotten a few of the Gamblers... I would guess you can say the Gambler is a PP with better clothes on because it is one beautiful rod. In hind sight I probably should have gotten the EMTF but 2018 may have some surprises for us from MB camp.
Last edited by goldrod on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmd_143
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jmd_143 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:28 am

Both the emtf and pp are great rods, and highly reccomended. I actually have two perfect pitches, I love them so much I have pitched with them, dragged in deep water with them, thrown an arig. Can do just about anything with those heavier weights. Favorite would be pitching a 1/2 oz jig with it.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:04 pm

The first bait I threw on the Tour Versatile years back was a custom 3/4 oz long arm vibrating jig head with a zoom super fluke trailer. I was dragging this along in 20' to 30' and managed a few good bites. I also threw a 1 oz spinner bait in the same situation. I realized that it was a powerful, versatile rod in general that I could fish good sized moving baits, pitch or drag jigs and plastics, toss a frog, a buzz bait, swim a big jig in heavy cover, and even toss a Mikey or I-Jack type bait with. Nice rod all the way around and The Tackle Trap still has some at the heavily discounted price!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap