Stradic FK/Ci4+FB Line Roller

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Stradic FK/Ci4+FB Line Roller

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am

Do both of these reels share the same line roller??? I have heard it is some kind of pressure fitted bearing that can be a problem if failure ensues. My older Ci4+ FA has been through years and many battles and NEVER had a single issue with basic lubrication and maintenance. I am considering replacing my Revo STX20 (even though it is fine) with a new Shimano or Daiwa spinning for my ML setup and moving the Revo to a Light powered rod for super finesse/panfishing. I might instead go for a 1000 sized Shimano/Daiwa though and just use it on the Light rod and let the Revo stay.

Just some preliminary questions though, should I worry about the new Stradic's line roller? And if it does fail how hard or expensive is it to change? I am leaning toward Shimano for now, the new Daiwa's are nice, but that extreme light weight just spooks me a bit and I really like that the useless anti-reverse is gone on the Stradic's.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Stradic FK/Ci4+FB Line Roller

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 am

Just realized I never found this out, trying to rehash the question... I am considering upgrading an Abu Revo STX20 for my primary dropshot reel, anyone have line roller bearing issues on either one of these???