Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4039
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby bronzefly » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Sexiness aside, which is personal preference, the new Steez platform blows the old clean outta the water in terms of both comfort and performance. I'm not sure how anyone who had used both could argue against that. I get some folks don't care for the T wing. I was hesitant at 1st as well. Wouldn't want to live without this reel now.


After a lot of time on the water with the new Steez SV TW, I agree 100%. In terms of palming comfort, the teardrop shape of this generation Steez SV TW, as difficult as it is to say, is at least equal to if not better in my hands than my beloved TD-Z platform. I'm not getting rid of all my TD-Z platform reels at this point, partially because the new ZPI spools are amazing in them too, but I am adding a few Steez SV TW...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:21 am

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby ayo8 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Sexiness aside, which is personal preference, the new Steez platform blows the old clean outta the water in terms of both comfort and performance. I'm not sure how anyone who had used both could argue against that. I get some folks don't care for the T wing. I was hesitant at 1st as well. Wouldn't want to live without this reel now.


After a lot of time on the water with the new Steez SV TW, I agree 100%. In terms of palming comfort, the teardrop shape of this generation Steez SV TW, as difficult as it is to say, is at least equal to if not better in my hands than my beloved TD-Z platform. I'm not getting rid of all my TD-Z platform reels at this point, partially because the new ZPI spools are amazing in them too, but I am adding a few Steez SV TW...


I also cosign on the new Steez SV TW's; best Steez platform so far, IMO. i just recently added 3 SLP Semiorder's and love them. I know a lot of people are turned off by the t-wing design, but I think theyre awesome.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5076
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:04 pm

SSS wrote:The paint job looks cheap.

Can't be any worse than that crap job they did on the limited Steez 105s. The paint peels if you look at it wrong.

Houndfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57 pm
Location: Western Shore MD

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby Houndfish » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:The paint job looks cheap.

Can't be any worse than that crap job they did on the limited Steez 105s. The paint peels if you look at it wrong.


Yea, I picked up a used one in pretty great shape but was shocked when I managed to scrape a bit of paint off with my fingernail. I'm not in love with it and stopped fishing it due to being afraid that the slightest mishap could tank it's resale value.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 am

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby ScoobyDoo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:01 am

marin12 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/daiwabass/photos/pcb.905029466341964/905027756342135/?type=3&theater



This just in....daiwa sued for copying quantums exo pt......
I swear...if any of that japanese translates into metal where it matters...I"M OUT!

User avatar
y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:41 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby y2k88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:This just in....daiwa sued for copying quantums exo pt......

:lol: that's what it reminded me of.

User avatar
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am
Location: S FL

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby LgMouthGambler » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:14 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
marin12 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/daiwabass/photos/pcb.905029466341964/905027756342135/?type=3&theater



This just in....daiwa sued for copying quantums exo pt......
I swear...if any of that japanese translates into metal where it matters...I"M OUT!


:lol:
<")))><{

SSS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby SSS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:The paint job looks cheap.

Can't be any worse than that crap job they did on the limited Steez 105s. The paint peels if you look at it wrong.
Sure is. But at least the limited steez looks nice. This on the other hand, looks like a $180 reel supposed to compete with the Curado K. In other words, not very high end looking.

User avatar
LowRange
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1478
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby LowRange » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Looks like a reel made from spare parts. :talk hand:

User avatar
africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 3629
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:03 am
Location: johannesburg south africa

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby africanbass » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:34 am

Daiwa rehash,come on!
Happiness is a sore thumb

User avatar
biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am
Location: Ottawa, ON CANADA

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby biggs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Image
Instagram @bb_biggs

User avatar
ccass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1481
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby ccass » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:43 pm

I think it looks pretty sweet :roll:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby mark poulson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 am

That is the ultimate ad for mixed drinks!

User avatar
biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am
Location: Ottawa, ON CANADA

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby biggs » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:35 am

ccass wrote:I think it looks pretty sweet :roll:


I don't think its all that bad either. Actually looks similar to what I did to my SSSV when I had it........
Image
Instagram @bb_biggs

jmd_143
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:33 am

Re: Daiwa 2018 SV LIGHT LTD-TN

Postby jmd_143 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 am

Anyone know when these will hit the market


Return to “Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests