Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by Rippin-lips » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 am

I just hope they stick with the ecs reel seat or all of my excitement to buy a bunch of new xx rods will be gone in an instant. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t go away.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

LowRange wrote:I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.
Negative, they will not be XXX with full cork and XX markings. They will have USDM specific actions. I don't consider them unimpressive for Megabass rods as a whole, but the XXX rods I've fished and handled are pretty nice considering the build quality and price point. The JDM actions are clearly evident in the lineup. I certainly prefer the XXX to the Levante series, but like the blank of the "current" XX series better in general.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:56 pm

bronzefly wrote:
LowRange wrote:I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.
Negative, they will not be XXX with full cork and XX markings. They will have USDM specific actions. I don't consider them unimpressive for Megabass rods as a whole, but the XXX rods I've fished and handled are pretty nice considering the build quality and price point. The JDM actions are clearly evident in the lineup. I certainly prefer the XXX to the Levante series, but like the blank of the "current" XX series better in general.
That's good news. Will be visually similar to the xXx rods? The xXx is a sharp looking rod.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 pm

LowRange wrote:
That's good news. Will be visually similar to the xXx rods? The xXx is a sharp looking rod.
Yea, I keep looking at the Black Themis, but I have never found any info about it. It is sharp as hell looking though and the idea of an L/XF rod is really interesting to me. I would love to see something like that, but a bit shorter, in the new xx lineup.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm

The final approval on the new XX rods is happening this week in Japan. The models, components and appearance are being finalized so first production run will begin. So far I like the details I have seen and can't wait to see them get built.

vncnt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vncnt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 pm

I'd love a 9'+ orochi xx for cranks and finesse fishing. Dream come true if that happens.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Has anyone found more info on these? Been excited to see the next gen since this thread started.

Thanks!

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:42 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:Has anyone found more info on these? Been excited to see the next gen since this thread started.

Thanks!
Information and picures will be hard to come by till the Classic. The changes to the rod as well as some new models were just finalized just before Christmas. Some great new additions with some killer names. I can say this will not just be the old blanks with a fresh new look. There will be true improvements. I will share more as I am allowed. Good the the Classic is right around the corner.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks for the heads up Mperry!

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm

M Perry wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:Has anyone found more info on these? Been excited to see the next gen since this thread started.

Thanks!
Information and picures will be hard to come by till the Classic. The changes to the rod as well as some new models were just finalized just before Christmas. Some great new additions with some killer names. I can say this will not just be the old blanks with a fresh new look. There will be true improvements. I will share more as I am allowed. Good the the Classic is right around the corner.
Thanks for the update!

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 am

I am a Megabass fan, but the only things I didn’t like about the Orochi xx was the weight (a little on the heavy side) and lack of a hook keeper. They look great and I can see myself trying one again if the new rods improve to become more like a Destroyer which is lighter.

jmd_143
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jmd_143 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 am

I can’t wait to see the new ones.. spring can’t come soon enough :big grin:

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am

Handled a very early prototype, looked like a very promising rod!
It was also a new model \:D/ :whistle: :-#
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 pm

389Maverick wrote:Handled a very early prototype, looked like a very promising rod!
It was also a new model \:D/ :whistle: :-#
Tease!