Tatula SV TW bearing upgrade help/guidance

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
slyck
Angler
Angler

Tatula SV TW bearing upgrade help/guidance

Post by slyck » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 am

Hello folks,
First time poster, long time lurker.

I am looking to upgrade the spool bearing on my Tatula SV TW. However the handle side of the reel has a star shaped bearing retainer as opposed to the clip type. This obviously makes me nervous. Any help or guidance preferable with pictures on how to remove and put this back would be much appreciated.

Wishing you all a great thanksgiving!

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula SV TW bearing upgrade help/guidance

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 am

Take a small dental pic or flat blade screw driver, and with your thumb over the retainer, gently pry it up and out. When you get ready to re install the retainer, flatten it out with a pair of pliers. Set it in there and use a small flat blade screw driver to press it back in. Its not bad too bad at all.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Exactly what PRB said. Its a pain in a way, wish they would have just used a regular retainer.
<")))><{

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Welcome slyck. If you are looking for any tackle guidance, you came to the right place.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

slyck
Angler
Angler

Post by slyck » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Thank you good people. I still feel a bit nervous and gonna wait after the holiday to try it. anyone know of any guides with pics or videos of it being done? I checked all of Youtube and didn't find one.

Also just as an FYI, the popular bidding website has a $15 coupon for orders over $75 today using PSHOPAPP. Just bought a Steez SV TWS for $420..

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 pm

slyck wrote:Thank you good people. I still feel a bit nervous and gonna wait after the holiday to try it. anyone know of any guides with pics or videos of it being done? I checked all of Youtube and didn't find one.

Also just as an FYI, the popular bidding website has a $15 coupon for orders over $75 today using PSHOPAPP. Just bought a Steez SV TWS for $420..
Good deal but...I'm sure better deals could have been had this coming weekend.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

slyck
Angler
Angler

Post by slyck » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:57 pm

ccass wrote:
slyck wrote:Thank you good people. I still feel a bit nervous and gonna wait after the holiday to try it. anyone know of any guides with pics or videos of it being done? I checked all of Youtube and didn't find one.

Really? :-k Better than 420 total? Please do let me know if you see any. :big grin:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm

slyck wrote:
ccass wrote:

Really? :-k Better than 420 total? Please do let me know if you see any. :big grin:
Send me a PM, The Tackle Trap always takes care of Tackle Tour members on gear any time without waiting for holiday sales, etc. Further, TT is an authorized Daiwa Warranty Center should any reels you pick up have any issues, and has a very large selection of both stock and aftermarket parts on hand. However, since TT is a small, family run shop, we'll be spending our Thanksgiving holiday with our families and back up and running on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

slyck
Angler
Angler

Post by slyck » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 pm

bronzefly wrote:
slyck wrote:
ccass wrote:

Send me a PM, The Tackle Trap always takes care of Tackle Tour members on gear any time without waiting for holiday sales, etc. Further, TT is an authorized Daiwa Warranty Center should any reels you pick up have any issues, and has a very large selection of both stock and aftermarket parts on hand. However, since TT is a small, family run shop, we'll be spending our Thanksgiving holiday with our families and back up and running on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Thanks man, will do. I have bought a bought a bunch of stuff from you guys, bearings etc and most recently an Orochi XXX. Have a great Thxgivin with the fam.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:41 am

slyck wrote:Hello folks,
First time poster, long time lurker.

I am looking to upgrade the spool bearing on my Tatula SV TW. However the handle side of the reel has a star shaped bearing retainer as opposed to the clip type. This obviously makes me nervous. Any help or guidance preferable with pictures on how to remove and put this back would be much appreciated.

Wishing you all a great thanksgiving!
If the clip is the thin, springy type, I remove it inside a big clear plastic baggie, so when (not if) it decides to try and enter orbit, the baggie provides an immediate gravitational assist. :lol: