Man Caves and Tackle Rooms

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Man Caves and Tackle Rooms

Post by Chicagoed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:17 am

Now that cold weather is setting in I'm finally going to convert part of my basement into a tackle room/man cave. Still trying to figure out what I want in terms of aesthetics and organization. I was hoping you tackle junkies could post some picks of your tackle rooms for ideas and inspiration. Let's see them!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Man Caves and Tackle Rooms

Post by JerryC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:37 am

I am in the middle of buying a home.. once the purchase is completed I will certainly be contributing to this thread..

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:04 am

I'm not sure if I want old rustic feel to go with the outdoor theme or more of a modern and sleek look. Given the tackle that will be on display both looks would be appropriate. I'll definitely add peg boards for baits and some sort of display system for reels that aren't in rotation. Decisions decisions...

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:06 am

Mine consists of a desk with a PC, a rod building bench, my display case, a futon loaded with boxes for shipping and a closet stuffed full of reel boxes, tackle, and misc junk! :lol:

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:36 am

Teal101 wrote:Mine consists of a desk with a PC, a rod building bench, my display case, a futon loaded with boxes for shipping and a closet stuffed full of reel boxes, tackle, and misc junk! :lol:
Let's see it!!! And leave the closet door open, I'm sure there will be some gems lurking in the dark. :big grin:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:15 am

This winter I will clean mine up. I have a basement that I have a table I work on and I store stuff on and a dresser I have extra baits, line and other goodies. I also have a cabinet upstairs I keep stuff I need quick access to. I often get yelled at for rods being in the living room. That is where they eagerly await their use when they aren't in my truck or on the water.

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:54 am

I've been wanting to post to this thread for more than a year! Workbench 2.0 is here!

ImageIMG_1031 by Andrew Lesch, on Flickr

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Work in progress

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm

drewlesch wrote:I've been wanting to post to this thread for more than a year! Workbench 2.0 is here!

THIS IS A VERY NICE CLEAN SET UP, I LIKE IT. IF YOU'RE IN SO CAL AREA I GOT AN EXTRA OFFICE CHAIR FOR YOU, IF YOU'D LIKE, THAT WOULD BE MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THAT STOOL.

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks Robsone, but I'm in the north woods of Minnesota. Reminds me of Sound Garden lyrics to outshined, "looking California, but feeling Minnesota..."

It's a work in progress, I'll keep updating the thread. I built some shelves this weekend and have to get a proper table top set up. Then some peg boards... I've only got a few more weeks till hard water, and it starts all over again!

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 pm

drewlesch wrote:I've been wanting to post to this thread for more than a year! Workbench 2.0 is here!

That bench looks amazing...name pls? Or did you customize it yourself?

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm

fishingandfords wrote:Image

Work in progress
Those rod holders tho! Did you custom build?

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Chicagoed wrote:That bench looks amazing...name pls? Or did you customize it yourself?
It's made from shelves, you can find at HD, Menards, and Costco. The company is called Edsal (though they sell rebranded versions too). It's steel frame, holds a boatload, and is easy together easy apart. If you are a member at Costco, their version comes with 4 shelves (instead of three) and is heavier gauge all the way around (for the same price).

https://www.menards.com/main/storage-or ... 580107.htm

For the desktop Menards has a partical board benchtop for $15, and it's almost spot on dimensions.
https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hard ... 177071.htm

One last key item is a mat for the desktop, I can't find the product online at the moment, but there is a rubber mat at menards which fits the bill. Only problem is it stinks like a gym, so this time per the Mrs. I'm using a donated yoga mat! Nice grip and just the right size and padding.

Outside of that it's just a florescent light hung from the shelves' (I splurged on some natural tone bulbs)...

For the amount of space you get all said and done it's fairly compact if you've got a long enough wall to put it on.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Chicagoed wrote:

Work in progress

Custom built holds 35 rods

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

fishingandfords wrote:
Chicagoed wrote:

Work in progress

Custom built holds 35 rods

Wow, that's just sick. Nicely done! And I love the fact there is enough space between them to allow for reel covers.