7'3" MH Tatula Elite vs. 7'3" MH Cronos

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

7'3" MH Tatula Elite vs. 7'3" MH Cronos

Post by jte54 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:55 am

Having trouble deciding which to go with. Can anyone who has fished these two rods give me some feed back. I have a 7'3" MH zillion and love it but looking for a Daiwa rod just a hair stiffer also considering the Tatula elite 7'3" H Takahiro Omori rod.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 7'3" MH Tatula Elite vs. 7'3" MH Cronos

Post by big_gee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am

These two rods are pretty much identical. I have 3 of Cronos and love them. I handled to the Tat it felt pretty close to the Cronos so I decided not to buy it. If you want a little stiffer then you might want to look at the 7'3"H Tak designed. It is a little stiffer and has more backbone.

What do plan on using this rod for? That might help.

I use my Cronos for jigs, swimbaits to 5" spinnerbaits and chatterbaits. It's a pretty versatile rod.

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 7'3" MH Tatula Elite vs. 7'3" MH Cronos

Post by jte54 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:00 am

3/8 to 1/2 oz jigs for around docks and 3/4 to 1 oz. football jigs. The MH feels a little soft in the tip for larger flipping jigs and the barley handles the 3/4 oz football jigs. I am leaning towards getting the Cronos and then getting two of the 7'3" H rods. Just wished I had a Daiwa jig rod that covered the full spectrum. I used to use Team Daiwa Advantage 7'3" H regular that had a great action to cover both spectrum's but the rod weight wise was super heavy compared to this new stuff and I am having trouble finding their replacements. Guess I am being too picky.