Tuf-line Super Cast for baitcasters

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tuf-line Super Cast for baitcasters

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:47 am

Anyone have any experience with this line?

Shackwylde
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Tuf-line Super Cast for baitcasters

Post by Shackwylde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 am

I've tried it and this line casts exceptionally well but the only problem with it is,it doesn't lay tightly on the spool and just digs in when under a load.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 pm

I had already ordered this line, but I haven't put it on my reel yet. All braid seems to dig in from time to time, but is this one worse than normal. Would you go ahead and try it if you were me or just go with something else?

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 am

Try it. I've used it in 12 lb. test on a T3. No dig-in problems that I recall with 2-pound bass. Haven't had the pleasure yet of seeing whether the line digs in with big fish.

When fishing superlines, I (almost) never try to free a lure from snags without wrapping the line around something and pulling by hand, so I avoid that source of dig-in.

I'm not big fan of this line. It has a coating that can shear off when one is tightening some knots, and its diameter at a given strength is greater than one finds in true braids. But since you already own it and it is quieter through the guides than most braids are, why not give it a try?