Ready to Combat the USDM : Evergreen International's Jack Hammer

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Introduction: There is perhaps, no more coveted a cranking stick in bass fishing circles today than Evergreen International's Heracles series HCSC-74HG Leopard. Brett Hite set the "me-too" crowd on fire with his win at Lake Okeechobee ripping a chatterbait through the grass using this stick. Trouble is, that stick is made for and sold almost exclusively in the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) for a price that far exceeds that of the everyday, me-too angler (over $600 depending on the exchange rate).

Enter the Bassmaster Classic event this past March at Lake Conroe, Texas where manufacturers with a stake in the bass fishing market have turned the consumer expo into a mini-ICAST debuting product for the upcoming year. Evergreen International, through a distribution agreement with Daiwa debuted their new, Combat series of bass fishing rods developed with the help of Brett Hite and tuned especially for the US marketplace right down to the more affordable price of $199.99 across the series. Today, we take our first look at a stick from this series - the Leopard's counterpart, the RCSC-73HG Jack Hammer.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewegjackhammer.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Bassfan22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Ready to Combat the USDM : Evergreen International's Jack Hammer

Post by Bassfan22 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't like the Fuji acs reel seat and I don't like glass rods but I love this rod. I was fishing my 7MHG this past weekend and I hurt my hand after a few hours of jerking the chatterbait out of cover. I use a NRX MBR843C for chatterbaits and that's never happen to me. I love the rod besides the reel seat. Cal which one is your favorite so far? Great review!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Bassfan22 wrote:Cal which one is your favorite so far? Great review!
Thanks... which what is my favorite? You mean the combat sticks? We don't have the complete lineup, but I'm liking the next one I'm going to write up a lot. ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Bassfan22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassfan22 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Cal wrote:
Bassfan22 wrote:Cal which one is your favorite so far? Great review!
Thanks... which what is my favorite? You mean the combat sticks? We don't have the complete lineup, but I'm liking the next one I'm going to write up a lot. ;)
:lol: :lol:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Just received my 7'1" MH spinning jig and worm stick. Looks nice, fingers crossed on the potential!