TOTAL DESTRUCTION

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TOTAL DESTRUCTION

Post by papabassin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Well done. Some nice pieces no doubt! =D>

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 am

Goldrod when you get around to it kindly give us a break down on those Fausts. that's been on my Prospect list for a minute. Big thanks, I see you do you have 2 so you must put them to work :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:01 am

Cristo wrote:Goldrod when you get around to it kindly give us a break down on those Fausts. that's been on my Prospect list for a minute. Big thanks, I see you do you have 2 so you must put them to work :big grin:
No worries
Carving out a time and place where I can work them over now
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Dayum. That's some serious gear! I like how you doubled down on the Faust. I have mine paired with a SV103xs. Great sick.
Cristo wrote:Goldrod when you get around to it kindly give us a break down on those Fausts. that's been on my Prospect list for a minute. Big thanks, I see you do you have 2 so you must put them to work :big grin:
I mainly have been frogging with my Faust and it works great for that. I was a little concerned with the regular taper before I put her to work, I have no problem busting fish at distance and yanking em out of heavy cover. On the lighter side I was throwing 4.8" eco pro tungsten paddle swimbaits weightless and did well with those too. The rod loads up nicely when playing fish, even smaller ones. I haven't had the chance to used it for bottom contact or punching yet but it looks like goldrod has. I think it balances really well for being 7'3" XH and feel like I got more than expected with the Faust. Sorry if I imposed just My 2cents

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Obz wrote:Dayum. That's some serious gear! I like how you doubled down on the Faust. I have mine paired with a SV103xs. Great sick.
I mainly have been frogging with my Faust and it works great for that. I was a little concerned with the regular taper before I put her to work, I have no problem busting fish at distance and yanking em out of heavy cover. On the lighter side I was throwing 4.8" eco pro tungsten paddle swimbaits weightless and did well with those too. The rod loads up nicely when playing fish, even smaller ones. I haven't had the chance to used it for bottom contact or punching yet but it looks like goldrod has. I think it balances really well for being 7'3" XH and feel like I got more than expected with the Faust. Sorry if I imposed just My 2cents
All Good man..
The more people that chime in the more someone like me learns.. and developes what I want and don't want in a rod
I hope to have a more comparison and contrast between the faust and Gambler here shortly... just need to get to the weekend.
iv'e been working on a project... and looks like I am going to need some wife backing .. going to have to make a proposal soon..i just have been showing her the TTT website.. she usually knows.. what that means..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Nice guys thanks for the input gents as always appreciated!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:49 am

So the Gambler vs. Faust
Gambler wins.. Here is why.. IMO
The gambler to me is a jig rod..football , casting , skipping and you guys know i struggle with that.. Frog rod
It can ACCURATELY put lures were ever you like. I was casting between limbs and make precision cast. I have to say the
balance and crispness is +1 to the faust.. Not that the faust isn't a good rod but the Gambler is one of them rods for guys who want
diversity on the water.. For me it feels great in hand and as was mentioned by many people the SV103xs seems to be made for it.
It simply has all the attributes of the faust but one up.. Its a big bait rod though.. not made for 3/16oz lures. I know it starts out at 3/8ths but i start with 1/2. I didnt get a lot of time on the water with it cause a storm was coming in and on the raindar app it was heading directly for me.. so i had to leave.

Albeit in my haste i had line dragging on the street and did not find out until i make it home and saw my reel spooled.. i was very blessed and fortunate.. That is why i never tie knots on my spools..

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 am

storm on the horizon
Attachments
storm.jpg
storm.jpg (65.33 KiB) Viewed 6756 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 am

side view
Attachments
Gside.jpg
Gside.jpg (74.24 KiB) Viewed 6755 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am

on the water.
Attachments
3G.jpg
3G.jpg (72.39 KiB) Viewed 6755 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:07 am

My TD-X P

It cast every thing like a champ.. steez spool in it but the issue I'm having is the drag star.. i've used a steez drag star and it don't
work , txz star and just ordered a Type R star.. the issue is the gap..
I have an HlC handle and the knobs are from ,, i forget but any how the gap between the handle and drag star won't close up.. and the drag tighting is fickle ..im working on it. though
cast like a dream..
retrieves very easy and consistent.. smooth
but that one thing is bothering me is the drag star.. if the type r star don't work . i don't know.
Attachments
projecttdx.jpg
TD-X project I'm having problems with.. cast great
projecttdx.jpg (61.43 KiB) Viewed 6754 times

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Great setups man.

Could you compare contrast the PV and the Faust when you get a chance? I chose the PV over the Faust and I'm always wondering what could have been.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:17 pm

CGrinder wrote:Great setups man.

Could you compare contrast the PV and the Faust when you get a chance? I chose the PV over the Faust and I'm always wondering what could have been.

This is my humble opinion
The PV is a moving bait stick. I only use it for chatterbaits but in a pinch I've used it to pitch 1/2 jigs and I've seen videos of more than that.. In my personal experience it's a treble lure, spinnerbait etc stick.
The Faust action doesn't lend itself to a chatterbait but you can worm, jig, frog, c-rig or buzzbait with it.
The strength of the PV is it's versatility... I believe Gary from the tackle Trap used it to crank 10xd with it. Alot comes down to preference as well. I stick fish on the PV with 1/2 chatbaits
The action you prefer for the technique your tryn to present will vary depending on your preference!
Creature baits with punch skirts casted not flip have done me well with the Faust and it's plenty sensitive. I've caught 6lb bass on it and never lost control or felt that I would. I hope this makes sense..

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 am

Megabass F5-72X Daemos

whose got one?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Goldrod go ahead take the leap of faith my friend :big grin: I hear it is very very nice 5 power rod. Although the 17 US Destroyer line hasn't quite grabbed me there are two rods in particular and the daemos is one of them that I'd like to eventually bring over. I'm on a Core inplex kick though :lol: