Gloomis rod above NRX????!!!!!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Gloomis rod above NRX????!!!!!

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:36 pm

In talking with a friend the other day that is affiliated with shimano and Gloomis said that shimano was coming out with a "Curado" rod and a Gloomis rod above the NRX..... anyone else heard anything to confirm this???

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Gloomis rod above NRX????!!!!!

Post by fishes » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:14 pm

there was a whole thread about this. It disappeared, presumably the mods deleted it or something

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:43 am

There was some confidential and proprietary information shared in the thread without authorization and so the thread was removed.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:38 am

Bassmaster has a slideshow with a lot of new products to be revealed at ICAST. The new Conquest rods are one of them. Loomis blanks with some of the Shimano rod technology (Spiral X, etc.), Torzite guides.

Picture #81

https://www.bassmaster.com/gear/slidesh ... icast-2017

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:22 am

Torzite guides and spiral x blanks sound really promising, but that skeleton reel seat again? I thought Loomis would have learned their lessons from the QC blunders with the NRX. They should just go with Fuji ECS, or better yet the Ci4+ perfection seat from the poison glorious/ ultima line. ](*,)

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 am

jpmoney wrote:Torzite guides and spiral x blanks sound really promising, but that skeleton reel seat again? I thought Loomis would have learned their lessons from the QC blunders with the NRX. They should just go with Fuji ECS, or better yet the Ci4+ perfection seat from the poison glorious/ ultima line. ](*,)
Haven't had a problem with any of my Cumara, Cumulus, or NRX reel seats. NRX had an issue at first but it was fixed, guess I never got one of those rods.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 am

Mattman wrote:There was some confidential and proprietary information shared in the thread without authorization and so the thread was removed.
What's confidential and proprietary about versatile actions, 10% lighter and torzite guides? I took a screenshot so I'm looking right at it. Nothing that was on that list was anything new on the market. Maybe for GLoomis since they have been playing catch up with some things.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Mattman wrote:There was some confidential and proprietary information shared in the thread without authorization and so the thread was removed.
What's confidential and proprietary about versatile actions, 10% lighter and torzite guides? I took a screenshot so I'm looking right at it. Nothing that was on that list was anything new on the market. Maybe for GLoomis since they have been playing catch up with some things.
Looks like they took an Ultima blank and components and gave it the G Loomis style cues

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Looks like they took an Ultima blank and components and gave it the G Loomis style cues
That's exactly what it sounds like to me, and what I'm hoping for.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:03 pm

I liked the full cork handles in the picture of the Conquest, I wonder how many models have this. I would be persuaded to buy a few if so. :D

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Thought the same thing too. I dig the styling(and of course the full grips).
Someone mentioned these conquests have micro guides, can anyone confirm if true? I sure hope not...

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:24 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:
That's exactly what it sounds like to me, and what I'm hoping for.
Id rather have the real Ultima lol but the GLoomis warranty is a nice trade off.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:52 pm

8 casting and 4 spinning. Casting are all full cork and spinning are split grip. I love the spinning handle.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:22 am

cndbasshunter wrote:8 casting and 4 spinning. Casting are all full cork and spinning are split grip. I love the spinning handle.
Thanks for the post. Great

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks for the link to the slide shot. a little off topic but those new St. Croix Legend X rods are the ugliest rods I have ever seen. hopefully look much better in real life..

and also, I would feel weird about putting a spinning reel on a curado rod (cause they have a spinning version)..lol