Tackle warehouse price matching rules

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
SCBASSIN
Angler
Angler

Re: Tackle warehouse price matching rules

Post by SCBASSIN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 am

Wow you have got to be kidding. T/W provides 1st. class service. Just recently they matched a priced on 2 G Loomis IMX rods with not one problem. Then on Memorial Day I got the regular discount plus my military one. I felt that was super of them. It is a FIRST CLASS ORGANIZATION.

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike and Pike » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 am

Teal101 wrote:I'm not sure any dealer would authorize a full return on a used good. Clothing stores dont, car dealers dont, why would a reel be any different? They cant resell it as a new item so why would they eat the cost?
Plenty of sporting goods stores have liberal return policies and in fact do let you return a used reel for a full refund . It would seem TW is not one of these.
'They' eat the cost due to the fact that they will make up the difference elsewhere and want to keep all their customers happy. Cabela's Bargain Cave comes to mind and has made me happy a few times.
Teal101 wrote: If TW doesn't tickle your fancy, theres plenty of other dealers you can try instead of hate mongering.
True. I have yet to read hate mongering in this thread though.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:51 pm

SCBASSIN wrote:Wow you have got to be kidding. T/W provides 1st. class service. Just recently they matched a priced on 2 G Loomis IMX rods with not one problem. Then on Memorial Day I got the regular discount plus my military one. I felt that was super of them. It is a FIRST CLASS ORGANIZATION.

Thank you for your service. =D> =D> =D>

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Mike and Pike wrote:
Teal101 wrote:I'm not sure any dealer would authorize a full return on a used good. Clothing stores dont, car dealers dont, why would a reel be any different? They cant resell it as a new item so why would they eat the cost?
Plenty of sporting goods stores have liberal return policies and in fact do let you return a used reel for a full refund . It would seem TW is not one of these.
'They' eat the cost due to the fact that they will make up the difference elsewhere and want to keep all their customers happy. Cabela's Bargain Cave comes to mind and has made me happy a few times.
Teal101 wrote: If TW doesn't tickle your fancy, theres plenty of other dealers you can try instead of hate mongering.
True. I have yet to read hate mongering in this thread though.
Yeah I have returned many reels after using them and not liking them for any number of reasons. The latest being the Chronarch MGL from Cabelas. BPS DSG GM all have taken returns on used reels and given back full price paid.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:41 am

BigG wrote:I've used the price match at TW before with no problem, both had free shipping over $50. Even used price match and got the holiday discount. In the past if you put the Daiwa reel in your cart, they added the discount then. I've had good luck dealing with The Tackle Trap, 10% every day on most items. Call them for price match, you don't get anything unless you ask.

djd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by djd » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 am

Like many of us, I've spent a new bassboat worth of money at Tackle Warehouse over the years. Always great service and prices, though I typically limit my purchases from them to baits, line, and terminal tackle. A lot of my rods and reels are purchased used or negotiated with other vendors. I also highly recommend The Tackle Trap, particularly if Megabass rods are your thing!