what is the best mb spinning rod?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

what is the best mb spinning rod?

Post by mada1594 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm

hey guys I am getting into the spinning game just got a mb lin 28 and im looking for a rod to pair it with. what do you think is the best all around mb spinning rod that will work for most technique?
gone fishin! borderline 11!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: what is the best mb spinning rod?

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 am

mada1594 wrote:hey guys I am getting into the spinning game just got a mb lin 28 and im looking for a rod to pair it with. what do you think is the best all around mb spinning rod that will work for most technique?
The US Destroyer Addermine has quickly shot up the list of the great Megabass spinning rods in my hands. As much as I love some older and discontinued models such as the Phase III Aaron Martens, the X7 Simoom, and the Hedgehog Evoluzion to name a few, this new Addermine is extremely impressive. It's highly versatile, very comfortable in hand, light, sensitive, and has a surprising reserve power when needed. The Tackle Trap has them in stock and ready to ship of course. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any other questions about this or other Megabass rods.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 am

I own the Simoom and the Hedgehog Evoluzion (2015 version) both awesome rods. I think the Simoom is MUCH more versatile of a rod. Also, very powerful for a spinning rod.

Matt

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

I don't know if it is the most versatile, but the Hedgehog Evoluzion 2015 is an awesome rod for drop shot, small cranks, and Ned rigs, and dragging smaller plastics.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:48 pm

zodiak311 wrote:I don't know if it is the most versatile, but the Hedgehog Evoluzion 2015 is an awesome rod for drop shot, small cranks, and Ned rigs, and dragging smaller plastics.
I agree. Sadly it's discontinued so I hope I never break mine.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:54 pm

i would have to say one of the aaron martens limited models (or their close relatives) for all around spinning rods. i own the orochi xx dropshot special, 2 of the orochi x4 aarons martens limiteds and a destroyer phase 3 aaron martens limited. sadly i dont use the phase 3 much at the moment since i dont have a boat and fish a lot of rocky shorelines and dont want to damage that rod, but it is easily the most sensitive of the bunch, with the XX not too far behind. the x4 is not as sensitive (i dont use it for bottom contact, but im sure i could), but makes one hell of a small crank rod (think #5 shad rap and the like). the xx and phase 3 are the best all arounders i have found. i throw small cranks, ned rigs, wacky rigs, small swimbaits, jerkbaits, drop shots, shakey heads, etc on them and perform each task very well.

i always wanted to try the x7 powerhouse, but missed my chance and never see them for sale anywhere. im hoping the come out with a similar rod in the US destroyers, as i think the addermine lines up a little too close to the 6'10" mlxf st croix legend elite, which is my current favorite jighead rod.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:41 pm

njbasscat wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:I don't know if it is the most versatile, but the Hedgehog Evoluzion 2015 is an awesome rod for drop shot, small cranks, and Ned rigs, and dragging smaller plastics.
I agree. Sadly it's discontinued so I hope I never break mine.
That's why I have a backup. ;) :lol:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 am

I have the new destroyer Addermine and so far I'm very impressed with it. As others have stated, it is a very versatile spinning rod suitable for MANY techniques and does them all really well. Sensitivity, balance, taper and aesthetics are ALL there with this rod. I have been using it for drop shotting, small 3.8 rhythm wave swimbaits w/1/8 and 1/4oz heads, as well as some shakey head for smallmouth. I love it.

The other MB spinning rod that's a true standout from the crowd is the 2015 hedgehog evoluzion. I have been using that one since the beginning of last season and I can safely say it's the finest drop shot rod I have ever used. It beats out all the rest IMO. You might be able to find a hedgehog overseas from an online retailer if you ask nicely.

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

thanks for all the info guys! I got a lot of thinking to do :lol: but now I know what to be looking for. thanks again! :D
gone fishin! borderline 11!

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:43 am

X7 Simoom

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Destroyer Evoluzion Lycaon Evolution

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:58 pm

The best Megabass spinning rod is the Megabass ito F3 1/2-70XSGti Jade Python. Nothing else comes close. Good luck finding one, they are coveted.

2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Redlinerobert wrote:The best Megabass spinning rod is the Megabass ito F3 1/2-70XSGti Jade Python. Nothing else comes close. Good luck finding one, they are coveted.

Did they keep the faux jade reel seat on the production models? That would have set the rod off more.

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Nope, I have two of them and neither has the jade seat. That would have been cool though!
2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:39 pm

I've had a couple of different MB spinning rods over the years and my "current" favorite is the new US Destroyer Addermine. The weight, balance, action and sensitivity are all outstanding.

Having said that, I've never owned or fished with the Jadepython. It looks sweet!