Tackle warehouse price matching rules

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tackle warehouse price matching rules

Post by Pegasus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:51 am

I was trying to buy something from TW and I asked them for a price match, only to find out that when you price match with them
you are forced to purchase the method of shipping from the site you are trying to match.
Some price matching policy unreal. I asked them about a return policy if I buy a reel they told me that if its unused its 100%
but if you use it you get less back after they evaluate the return. That is sick in my mind, what if I don't like the reel and return it
for any reason I wouldn't get back the full price I paid.
No more TW for me.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tackle warehouse price matching rules

Post by Cracker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:30 am

They are overpriced on reels anyway!
No sale discounts on Shimano or Daiwa ever.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 am

Why do you find the revised shipping price policy unreasonable? There are real costs there that they are absorbing if you purchase over a certain amount of tackle. If they have to price match another retailer, and charge you what that retailer charges for shipping, they are simply evening the playing field. Maybe the other retailers charge more for shipping to make up for the discounts they are offering on whatever tackle you're finding at a cheaper price.

With regards to Shimano, Daiwa and really, other tier 1 reel and tackle manufacturers in general - These manufacturers set what they call minimum advertised pricing (MAP). Retailers that violate this MAP policy by offering unauthorized discounts on product are subject to being cut off from the manufacturer.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 am

Cracker wrote:No sale discounts on Shimano or Daiwa ever.
This isn't true either. There are currently at least 5 Daiwa and 1 Shimano reel on sale on their site right now.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Cal wrote:
This isn't true either. There are currently at least 5 Daiwa and 1 Shimano reel on sale on their site right now.
I think he means whenever they run like a Labor Day or Memorial Day sale, there's always the fine print that excludes Shimano and Daiwa amongst other brands, I'm guessing because of the necessary adherence to MAP.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am

I've used the price match at TW before with no problem, both had free shipping over $50. Even used price match and got the holiday discount. In the past if you put the Daiwa reel in your cart, they added the discount then. You might want to try some our sponsors. I've had good luck dealing with The Tackle Trap, 10% every day on most items. Call them for price match, you don't get anything unless you ask.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 am

Fishinfanatic115 wrote:
Cal wrote:
I think he means whenever they run like a Labor Day or Memorial Day sale, there's always the fine print that excludes Shimano and Daiwa amongst other brands, I'm guessing because of the necessary adherence to MAP.
That's not true either, shimano and daiwa are subject to sale pricing but they are not allowed to advertise it. If you put an item in your cart the discount will apply.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 am

Bootytrain wrote:
Fishinfanatic115 wrote:
Cal wrote:
That's not true either, shimano and daiwa are subject to sale pricing but they are not allowed to advertise it. If you put an item in your cart the discount will apply.
It will not.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Cracker wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Fishinfanatic115 wrote:
Cal wrote:
It will not.
It's worked for me every time. I originally called in to get sale pricing and the TW employee told me that the only thing that they cannot discount is Megabass. Everything else will be discounted in the cart.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Both sides are true in this argument. I placed a Shimano Stradic Ci4 (newest one) in my cart and it wouldn't discount. I am sure if I had called it would have, but instead I put a Revo STX20 in the cart and it discounted. I got the 15% off on my Zillion SV TW, just added it to cart during the Memorial Day sale. Just deoends, but I am sure calling will always clear it up.

As Jesus said "Closed mouth don't get fed, bro"

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:30 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:Both sides are true in this argument. I placed a Shimano Stradic Ci4 (newest one) in my cart and it wouldn't discount. I am sure if I had called it would have, but instead I put a Revo STX20 in the cart and it discounted. I got the 15% off on my Zillion SV TW, just added it to cart during the Memorial Day sale. Just deoends, but I am sure calling will always clear it up.

As Jesus said "Closed mouth don't get fed, bro"
I should also mention that you have to go all the way to the payment screen before it shows up lol

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 pm

OK! I guess it all depends of the specific item. Some items have a reflection and appear with a discount price, some not.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Interesting, good clarification!

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:14 pm

I orderd Daiwa SV105 during TW BF 20% off sale got it for $215.99 also a Shimano Cumara for $104. :D
Just more TW hate'n

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm not sure any dealer would authorize a full return on a used good. Clothing stores dont, car dealers dont, why would a reel be any different? They cant resell it as a new item so why would they eat the cost?

TW will give you sale pricing on most items. Usually you must process the order and the discount is reflected inyour emailed incvoice. Otherwise call them and order and they will do it then. I used to phone in all my orders during sales for this very reason. The only manufacturer I know of that they wouldn't do that for is Megabass.

If TW doesn't tickle your fancy, theres plenty of other dealers you can try instead of hate mongering.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm