Favorite JDM jig

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Favorite JDM jig

Post by goldrod » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:32 am

I have been looking at nories Gunter oval jig and looking to source some and the thought occurred to me that I don't know much about jdm jigs and so hence the question what is your favorite JDM jig?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite JDM jig

Post by poisonokie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm

I don't either, and i don't know if they're JDM, but I love fishing all the Keitech jigs.
This is the way.

Tom13
Angler
Angler

Post by Tom13 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am

Pro's Factory!

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Megabass: Survival jigs with/ MB deep cup beaver trailers.

Also love their drunk fly jigs, and for finesse their Hedgehog jigs.

Evergreen grass rippers is my sec fav.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 pm

poisonokie wrote:I don't either, and i don't know if they're JDM, but I love fishing all the Keitech jigs.
x2

This is my go to jig for today at least, 90% of my bass fishing is for smallmouth so I like smaller jigs.

This is the keitch tungsten football jig.

rza007
Angler
Angler

Post by rza007 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Very nice. Is that yozuri fluoro?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
poisonokie wrote:I don't either, and i don't know if they're JDM, but I love fishing all the Keitech jigs.
x2

This is my go to jig for today at least, 90% of my bass fishing is for smallmouth so I like smaller jigs.

Have you tried it with a 2.8" swing impact fat?
This is the way.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm

poisonokie wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
x2

Not that size but I have a bunch of the 3.3" and they are money.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:20 pm

rza007 wrote:Very nice. Is that yozuri fluoro?
Its Sunline JDM FC Sniper Invisible Fluorocarbon Line

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri May 26, 2017 5:54 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
x2

Not that size but I have a bunch of the 3.3" and they are money.
The 2.8's are all I've trailered mine with and they are awesome. I dont have any 3.3's, but I could see those killing, too. I like the green pumpkin blue flake with a bluegill flash or sun gill trailer. That slays if sunfish are the main forage, especially during the dog days.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 am

What setup do you fish those on? The hook makes it a tough decision. I've gone between a m/xf solid tip/10# fluoro and a mh/f/12# fluoro. Both cast it way out there, but the dilemma is on the medium I can detect strikes easier, but it's harder to get a good hookset at the end of a long cast. Once I do have em buttoned up, either rod will fight it back, but if I'm not careful with the drag, the med heavy will bend the hook. I'm thinking the medium is ideal, i just need to step it up to less stretchy tatsu.

That's part of what makes these a blast to fish. Their compact size gets tons of bites, even on the drop (thats when that mega top tatula really shines for its bite detection, but not for its power) and the tungsten lets you stay connected. That hook is super sharp and sometimes sets itself, but I've watch more than a few bass jump in the distance and throw it, too.
This is the way.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:47 pm

I fish most my small jigs on a NRX 852, if I use the jigs as a swim jig I will use a GLX 842

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Sat May 27, 2017 7:02 pm

I had 21 pounds in a club tournament last weekend in northern MN on the 1/2 oz gp Keitech football jig with the 3.3 ayu fat swing impact, it's awesome! I'm gonna get a lot more during these Memorial Day sales. Also used the smallest crazy flapper as a trailer and caught good smallies and largemouth on it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 27, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm going get a couple jigs
I broke out my conquest 50 today and forgot how awesome of a reel it was. Finding out about the 3.3 fats on a football will help me
out. Other than the keitech jigs are there any others? This thread is the bees knees
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 pm

goldrod wrote:I'm going get a couple jigs
I broke out my conquest 50 today and forgot how awesome of a reel it was. Finding out about the 3.3 fats on a football will help me
out. Other than the keitech jigs are there any others? This thread is the bees knees
I really like the Deps flat back jigs after a trial test and now own over 25 of them. They have extremely sharp and strong hooks (owner cutting point) and have a medium profile with wire keeper. I throw these instead of the keitech when i need stronger and bigger jigs. The Gan Craft is also good if you want a slightly bigger profile and still a medium gauge hook.
https://www.depsweb.co.jp/product/flatb ... ckjig.html