New STELLA anytime soon?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New STELLA anytime soon?

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:19 am

hey y'all
i was wondering if anyone knew if a new stella would be coming out with in the next year to year and a half because i want one for a NRX and i don't want to dump 800$ into a reel and have a new one come out right after i buy one. just wanted to see if anyone knew anything and if i should wait or get one...thanks for the opinions!

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New STELLA anytime soon?

Post by jpmoney » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:01 am

Well they just relased the FI version a short 2 years ago so i highly doubt it will be any time soon. My best guess would be in the next 2 years based on previous generation update cycles.

My suggestion, buy the Stella FI, its a mind blowing awesome reel and once you use it you will never go back. They can be had for much less than $800 from japan.

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 am

Fishing creeks, just do it! I was on the fence about a stella. I talked to several forum members about the reel and I was convinced. It will be a reel you pass on to your grand kids. Give Gary or Brain a call at the Trap and talk to them. With your TT applied discount, clearly less than $800. The F-1 is an amazing reel.

fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 pm

jpmoney wrote:Well they just relased the FI version a short 2 years ago so i highly doubt it will be any time soon. My best guess would be in the next 2 years based on previous generation update cycles.

My suggestion, buy the Stella FI, its a mind blowing awesome reel and once you use it you will never go back. They can be had for much less than $800 from japan.
Really? ill have to check that out.....

fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Dexter wrote:Fishing creeks, just do it! I was on the fence about a stella. I talked to several forum members about the reel and I was convinced. It will be a reel you pass on to your grand kids. Give Gary or Brain a call at the Trap and talk to them. With your TT applied discount, clearly less than $800. The F-1 is an amazing reel.
Alright i guess ill have to do it.... I'm glad to hear such gr8 reviews on it! =D> :lol: :mrgreen: \:D/

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 pm

No regrets. Just wish I would have pulled the trigger sooner. Talks to Brian at the Trap for specifics. Good luck.

fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Dexter wrote:No regrets. Just wish I would have pulled the trigger sooner. Talks to Brian at the Trap for specifics. Good luck.
Thanks man!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 am

Thanks for the recommendation to The Tackle Trap, much appreciated! We take care of our Tackle Tour guys on USDM Stella where you'll still have the Platinum Service through Shimano USA unlike the JDM versions.

The Stella FI is a thing of beauty and an absolute joy to fish. I agree that it's unlikely to see a redesign anytime soon. If you need more info, feel free to shoot me a PM, thanks!

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:59 pm

I bought my Stella off Gary and the TT - it's on my my MB Simoom, it really is out of this world awesome. Just get it and love it!

Gloomis34
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gloomis34 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:08 am

The Stella is a fantastic reel worth the money hands down either if you get a JDM or USD STELLA you can't go wrong shiman will still have the parts here it's only a couple of bucks to have it serviced and the reel will last forever. The vanquish is an amazing reel to for the price that reel would be amazing for the NRX!

fishingcreekoutdoors
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishingcreekoutdoors » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:16 pm

now the question is, do i get a JDM vanquish for my new NRX or a USDM stella?

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Bounced around the same option: jdm/us. Brain sold me on the US version. This is not a reel that will crash; you'll have it for a long time. The US warranty and service plan offered over the life of the reel closed the deal for me. Again, talk to the Boys at the trap. Brain was very candid in his approach. But in the end, based on the longevity of the reel, the US option was(for me) the better choice.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:16 am

fishingcreekoutdoors wrote:now the question is, do i get a JDM vanquish for my new NRX or a USDM stella?
Just depends on which NRX you are getting.
I have a Stella 3000XG on my NRX 872, and a 2500 Vanquish on my NRX 822dsr.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:02 am

zodiak311 wrote:
fishingcreekoutdoors wrote:now the question is, do i get a JDM vanquish for my new NRX or a USDM stella?
Just depends on which NRX you are getting.
I have a Stella 3000XG on my NRX 872, and a 2500 Vanquish on my NRX 822dsr.
I have a c3000xg with my 852 and 2500s with my 872

Gloomis34
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gloomis34 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:12 am

If you get the vanquish you really won't be sorry now the model I would go with the c3000 size it will work for your finesse applications and is still really light to balance well with the NRX!