Chatter baits

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Chatter baits

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:33 pm

spookybaits wrote:Are there any chatterbaits that use Gamakastu or Owner hooks?
Jackall Break Blade uses an Owner Cutting Point hook. D&M uses a Gamakatsu hook on their Pirahna chatterbaits and an Owner Beast hook on their Pirahna Beast chatterbaits. The Chatterbait Elite uses a Gamakatsu hook as well.

The Pirahnas are pretty much all I throw and have won me a lot of money the past few years. The Beast is awesome during the summer when the hydrilla gets really thick, it goes through anything. The Jackall works well up shallow as it has a little more lift than the others.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:46 am

The Original ZMan chatterbait Elite comes with a Gamakatsu hook. Also the new Freedom Chatterbait by ZMan will allow you to put any hook you want on it.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Deps use Owner cutting points also and they make bigger size chatters too.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks dudes!
Grabbed some z man elites and caught a few fish on em today.
Will definitely pick up some of the other ones ya'll mentioned. Pre-ordering some of those z man freedoms for sure! Being able to Texas rig them will make them truly weedless and will be great around wood & brushpiles! Swimming & falling action should be pretty erratic as well.
Also gonna see what Japan has to offer, especially little versions like the zman 1/8oz micro chatter.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:54 pm

I just picked up some Jackall Break Blade chatter baits.

Hopefully they are awesome, they are not cheap that's for sure...

Baik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Baik » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 am

spookybaits wrote:Are there any chatterbaits that use Gamakastu or Owner hooks?
Yep. The original chatterbait elite has a 5/0 Gamakatsu. They also make the chatterbait pro exclusively for bass pro shops which comes with a black nickel 5/0 mustad. Theyre basically the same bait but the difference between the two (aside from the hooks) is where the line tie is. The pro has the line tie further from the head while the elite has the line tie buried in the head. I don't think I could even open the line tie on the elite... I can't compare the two as far as action goes as I just picked up some elites but I will be giving them a try side by side this weekend.

Matt