Chatter baits

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Chatter baits

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Has anyone tried out the new picasso shock blade? I've always just used the original chatter bait and love them but I've recently bought the new project z chatter bait and it works very well too. I was just wondering about the picasso shock blade and how well it works?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Chatter baits

Post by Chode » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 am

i'd like to follow this too

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:14 am

The Shock Blade is excellent. Very high quality bait, realistic finish, great colors, and sizes up to 2 ounces. It can be fished at variable speeds and still run true. It does not hunt on a straight retrieve. The main difference you will see with the Shock Blade vs. Project Z is that it stays down and runs a little deeper. It's a little easier to keep it down in the water column with less tendency to rise up.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:55 am

cumara wrote:The Shock Blade is excellent. Very high quality bait, realistic finish, great colors, and sizes up to 2 ounces. It can be fished at variable speeds and still run true. It does not hunt on a straight retrieve. The main difference you will see with the Shock Blade vs. Project Z is that it stays down and runs a little deeper. It's a little easier to keep it down in the water column with less tendency to rise up.
what about the blade itself, does it foul often?

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:09 am

I've got a couple Picassos and they do foul occasionally. Enough to be aggravating at times.
I've got a couple of the new Z-Mans, but haven't got them wet yet.

stubbs
Angler
Angler

Post by stubbs » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:02 pm

KlingerNOK wrote:I've got a couple Picassos and they do foul occasionally. Enough to be aggravating at times.
I've got a couple of the new Z-Mans, but haven't got them wet yet.
Have to second the comments here on the blade fouling up....not a lot but enough to notice it. I haven't fished the Z-mans in years so can't compare. I normally would throw D&M or Bobby Ds. Also have noticed that after a couple trips the paint on the head has started to chip off a bit as well, still a good bait and has been productive for me.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:54 am

If you haven't tried the Project Z Chatterbait by ZMan then I suggest you give it a try. I have been using the Project Z for some time now and love it. My hook up ratio has improved. I don't have issues with it fouling up which is a nice thing.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:42 am

big_gee wrote:If you haven't tried the Project Z Chatterbait by ZMan then I suggest you give it a try. I have been using the Project Z for some time now and love it. My hook up ratio has improved. I don't have issues with it fouling up which is a nice thing.
i heard that the eye that attach the blade isn't closed so people complain that sometimes the entire jig will fall off leaving only the blade. is that true?

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:38 am

I have about two dozen of them and I have not had any problems. I fish them all the time and have yet to lose one. If I ever have a problem with the bait I either email the manufacture or send them the product with a note stating the issue. I believe in letting manufacturers know when there is a problem. I even had a manufacturer send me baits with an apology.

I have both the OG and Project Z and the only thing I've had the due was sharpen the hooks on the early OG's. I know they have since put on a better hook.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:02 am

big_gee wrote:I have about two dozen of them and I have not had any problems. I fish them all the time and have yet to lose one. If I ever have a problem with the bait I either email the manufacture or send them the product with a note stating the issue. I believe in letting manufacturers know when there is a problem. I even had a manufacturer send me baits with an apology.

I have both the OG and Project Z and the only thing I've had the due was sharpen the hooks on the early OG's. I know they have since put on a better hook.
awesome. thx for the feedback

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:03 am

I fished the new picasso the other day and it ran well (3/8oz). It seemed to stay down in the column better than the standard chatter elite series 3/8 that I usually fish.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:05 am

Chode wrote:
big_gee wrote:If you haven't tried the Project Z Chatterbait by ZMan then I suggest you give it a try. I have been using the Project Z for some time now and love it. My hook up ratio has improved. I don't have issues with it fouling up which is a nice thing.
i heard that the eye that attach the blade isn't closed so people complain that sometimes the entire jig will fall off leaving only the blade. is that true?
Yes. I've lost two of the Zman custom chatterbaits that TW sells--eye wasn't closed and yep, the jigs fell off, leaving me with just a dark blade that changes color quickly. :evil:

If Zman spent half as much time making a good bait as they do chasing down everyone they think is violating one of the patents, they would have a bait where everyone would want the original.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:26 am

jmb27 wrote:
Chode wrote:
Yes. I've lost two of the Zman custom chatterbaits that TW sells--eye wasn't closed and yep, the jigs fell off, leaving me with just a dark blade that changes color quickly. :evil:

If Zman spent half as much time making a good bait as they do chasing down everyone they think is violating one of the patents, they would have a bait where everyone would want the original.
i guess what i have a hard time understanding is that y did they leave the eye open to begin with? was that the only way for the blade to work its magic?

Mothra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mothra » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:13 am

I really liked the original D&M, but will be trying out the karu soon

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Are there any chatterbaits that use Gamakastu or Owner hooks?