yamamoto color 301: what does "NF" stand for?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

yamamoto color 301: what does "NF" stand for?

Post by 21farms » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm

i have some gary yamamoto soft plastics in color #301 which is green pumpkin with large green and purple flake. the labels read, "#297 NF/LG GRN,PURP" and i know some guys just call it "NFL". my question is, what does the NF stand for? i just can't figure that out.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: yamamoto color 301: what does "NF" stand for?

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Not 100% sure but I would believe that NF = No Flake

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Neon Flake ?? Can't be no flake.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

It means "No flake", the color is 301 which is green pumpkin with large green and large purple flake. When they have other colors that are similar they will often use the number of the other color to describe the color you are getting. So in this case it is the green pumpkin of the 297 color but with no flake and instead you have large green and large purple flake. It sounds strange but they do it so you know that the worm is the same color as 297 but without the large black flake, so it is green pumpkin with large green and purple. Some soft plastic manufacturers will have green pumpkin with black flake, and green pumpkin purple flake, but the green pumpkin with purple may be darker or lighter than the green pumpkin with black, so GYCB is telling you that it is the same green pumpkin as 297 without the black flake. I know it sounds confusing but I can't make it sound better so I hope you get what I'm saying, but "NF" stands for no flake.

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 am

Understood thanks smallijaw....................but confused :lol: :lol:

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:27 am

thanks guys...makes perfect sense. it was driving me nuts and so i'm glad i finally asked \:D/

on a related note, i must say that i do find it very confusing that base colors vary so much depending on the flake. for example, the tint of the green color is different between 'watermelon', 'watermelon black flake', and 'watermelon red flake'. same goes for 'green pumpkin' and all its variations. i guess because those are the two most-popular colors with the most name recognition, i guess it makes sense to keep 'watermelon' and 'green pumpkin' in the color names to guarantee market acceptance.

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Gets even more confusing when I order 9-10-926 and receive 9-10-SPECIAL !! The agent I deal with tells me that it is normal, where the color is out of stock, and they make to order.