Keitech Pro Staff

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Intimidator
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Keitech Pro Staff

Post by Intimidator » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:17 am

I guess that I have to officially state that I am part of the Keitech Pro Staff, so that I can post and not get into trouble! :D

A couple buddies moved over here, so I thought I'd join...besides being able to help others, I am also here to learn!
My 14 year old son and I are muti-species fishermen in SW Ohio...We many fish at our home lake which is around 2500 acres and 10 minutes from my house. We are 100% Keitech fishermen...for every technique!
We target Walleye, Crappie, WB, Smallmouth, and Largemouth...We love to eat fish, I fill 2 freezers each Spring. We eat Cold Water WB, Walleye from 17 to 23 inches and Release anything larger to grow into Trophy fish (Trophy fish are carefully released after quick pictures), Crappie from 11 to 15 inches and release everything else, and we Catch and Release Smallies and Largemouth, and do not fish for them until after the spawns!
I enjoy studying fish, colors, water, patterns, etc, and I know my home lake like my back yard! I was actually old enough to watch it be built!
And we also give back to the lake...we were part of a Group, that has added cover to it, for the past 10 years.

Good Fishing!
Brent

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Keitech Pro Staff

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 am

Anyone with the same name as my baby brother is good in my book. I reach to thank you for leaving bedding bass at peace.
:hugs:

Intimidator
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Intimidator » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:13 am

I try to do my part...especially here in the North...if people would just try to understand the differences between Bass, it would be easy to do what's right!
I lived in South Carolina for 7 years....it was there that I really discovered the differences between Florida Strains and Northern strains....the growth rates and the sustainability of the fish are not even close.
A fishery in the South can turn around in 2-3 years after a couple bad spawns, lake lowering, or fish kill...Some Northern lakes can never recover!
My lake had a draw down to build a New Marina, it destroyed all of the vegetation of the lake...we lost all the grass, lily pads, reeds, etc, (Winter Kill)...and most of the fishery! Twenty Years later, we are now just getting the vegetation and the Bass Populations healthy again.
You really have to care for and manage a Northern Bass fishery different, to be able to sustain it for ALL fishermen...But some just don't care.

I mainly fish for Bass at night so I'm under the radar...I love fishing with the New "Craw" on the surface...with a 4/0 Trokar, braid, and slow retrieve, the craw floats and the movement is Fantastic...the top-water blow-ups are heart pounding! Now a frog is finally available and I just ordered them.
I also love Black/Blue Chatterbaits at Night, with a 3.8 Black Swing Impact Fat behind it...all of my 20+ inch Smallies have come on this combo!
In the daytime I use the craw on a jighead, jigs with a 3.8 Fat, or just a 4.8 Fat as a swimmer! Our entire lake is now Shad and Craw Dominated, and that is what all the predator species are keying on....Natural colors in the day are a must!

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 am

you posted
We target Walleye, Crappie, WB, Smallmouth, and Largemouth;

what is WB?? I shoot pool with a WB tip on one of my cues but something tells me this may not be the same WB.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:36 am

nctrucker wrote:you posted
We target Walleye, Crappie, WB, Smallmouth, and Largemouth;

what is WB?? I shoot pool with a WB tip on one of my cues but something tells me this may not be the same WB.
I would assume White Bass