Sufix NanoBraid opinions

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sufix NanoBraid opinions

Post by OkobojiEagle » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 am

Looking for opinions about Sufix NanoBraid by users... not Gliss, NanoFil or other thin diameter PE lines. Thanks

oe

Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Sufix NanoBraid opinions

Post by Inspectorlee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:21 am

Wanting to test this line, I bought a spool in 10 lb test right before the summer season and fished it into late fall. Overall, I’m happy with it. Here are my notes:

--Fresh out of the box, the line is mostly white with a slight blue-green tint to it. The blue-green tint has faded away for the most part after this season. Note that I average about 12 hours of fishing a week during this time period.

--I use it with 8 lb Seaguar Tatsu as a leader connected via a FG knot. No slipping issues with the connection knot.

--Casting distance appears to be about the same as regular PowerPro (what I was using before the switch). It added about 10 feet extra to my casts if anything, but it was hard to tell.

--I seem to get much less wind knots compared to PowerPro for whatever reason.

--It’s still a braid, and thus has all the characteristics of other braids (floats, very limp, no stretch, etc.).

Honestly, nothing about it really jumped out at me or seem significant enough to be memorable compared to the PowerPro that I was using before (this is the regular yellow PowerPro, not the Super Slick 8). But that doesn’t mean it was a bad line. Just that in my hands, there was no noticeable differences from what I was already using. With all the buzzwords on the package, I guess I was expecting something more dramatic, hence buying it in the first place. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:49 am

Thank you, I appreciate your reply. I find it interesting that it isn't made in larger diameters that would be suitable for bait casting gear.

oe

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:26 am

I used it on a spinning reel (13 Certate 2004) a few times and it seemed like normal braid to me...no better or worse. I jigged for smallies/walleye and also tossed some size 6 Rapala Flat Raps with it (all tied direct). It isn't round so I could see quite a bit of line twist.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Started a review thread on sol in the fw section a few users have had positive things to say about it