Megabass Body Balance Swimbait Heads

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Megabass Body Balance Swimbait Heads

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:09 am

Hi all,

I have overlooked Swimbaits to this point but if I am to get out one last time then it will need to be a deeper water so a Swimbait might just be the ticket.

Anyone used Megabass Body Balance Swimbait Heads before ?

If so, how do they perform ?

Any suggestions as to the plastic to pair with one would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Matthew

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Body Balance Swimbait Heads

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 am

On some good advice, I went with;
Dirty Jigs Swimbait Head and Yamamoto Heart Tail. I hear the jig head shape goes well with the plastic
Dirty Jigs Scott Canterbury Swimbait Head
Big Hammer Jig Head
Picasso Smart Mouth Plus Jig Head.

The Picasso Smart Mouth Plus looks as good as it gets but the Dirty Jigs Scott Canterbury Swimbait Head comes in colors to match the plastic.

All of the above will be used with 5" Big Hammer Tails. I hear these are an unsung hero.

Thanks for the help

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 665 almostevil » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 pm

I have used them and they are great after all it is megabass. For the money lunker city grip jig heads work well and the lighter weights have a shorter hook to allow the swimbait to have more action. Also the bait keeper works well. Keitech is the go to swimbait anywhere in the country keitech out fishes all other swimbaits the majority of the time.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Agreed. I use the Keitech Swing Impact FAT almost exclusively for Swimjigs so a few of the 4:8" have been added to my TW basket.

Thanks

Okiekev
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Okiekev » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:48 am

They seem to swim real well. The beauty of the design is when I burn the swimbait, the weighted "keel" keeps the bait from rolling on its side.

I will echo the thoughts on the Keitechs, but with that said, the swing impact fats are much better then the regular. Not sure why, but I get more bites on those. There are a bunch of great swim baits now, but for me I have a mental block against using a jig head with an eye along with a plastic with an eye. :roll: I know it doesn't make a bit of difference but it bugs me to have a bait with 4 eyes... Quirky I know.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Reminds me of the 4 eyed fish on the Simpsons that Bart caught.

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Thu May 19, 2016 1:22 am

Don't overlook belly-weighted swim bait hooks as well. They're about all I throw Keitechs on anymore, love love love em. 4/0 for 4.8s and 3/0 for 3.8s. Owner or Gammy twistlocks - been using Gammys the most.