Why can't we get a new line review?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
robertj298
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Why can't we get a new line review?

Post by robertj298 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:00 am

It's been quite a while since we've gotten a good line comparison review. With the right instrument and tools it shouldn't be that hard to do. I'd much rather see a comparison of various lines than to see a lure cut apart lol

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Why can't we get a new line review?

Post by Bassmar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm

x2

Shaft
Angler
Angler

Post by Shaft » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:17 am

I asked the same thing this spring in March and Cal responded. He said they were working on it and hoped to have it out this year. They are going to test them in the lab as well as fish with them themselves. Takes time but I'm ready for it too. Thats the #1 reason I keep checking this site. Just for the line reviews

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:19 am

I agree that a new line review would be nice, but there are so many more products out today in every line category that I think it would be very difficult to review all the lines in any category. There will probably be a few disappointed people if TT doesn't review all the lines in a category. Also, my real world knot results are different than the TT lab tests with several of the fluoros that TT reviewed in the past.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:46 pm

toddmc wrote:I agree that a new line review would be nice, but there are so many more products out today in every line category that I think it would be very difficult to review all the lines in any category. There will probably be a few disappointed people if TT doesn't review all the lines in a category. Also, my real world knot results are different than the TT lab tests with several of the fluoros that TT reviewed in the past.
That's why I say people have different levels of knot tying skills. :big grin:

I just stick to what I'm comfortable with cuz my knot usually holds while the line breaks in the weakest point. I don't need any Knot Wars...

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Gliss?

oe

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 am

slipperybob wrote:
toddmc wrote:I agree that a new line review would be nice, but there are so many more products out today in every line category that I think it would be very difficult to review all the lines in any category. There will probably be a few disappointed people if TT doesn't review all the lines in a category. Also, my real world knot results are different than the TT lab tests with several of the fluoros that TT reviewed in the past.
That's why I say people have different levels of knot tying skills. :big grin:

I just stick to what I'm comfortable with cuz my knot usually holds while the line breaks in the weakest point. I don't need any Knot Wars...
Yes, almost any knot will do if you tie it correctly. Fluoro is considerably less forgiving than mono with knots and wetting the knot very thoroughly is every bit as important as what knot you tie.