Molix Jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Molix Jigs

Post by Jdmbassman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi all,

Let me know your experiences with Molix jigs;
Kento
Weight: 1/4oz (7g) <> 3/8 (10,5g) <> 1/2 oz (14g)
MF
Weight: 3/8 oz (10,5g) <> 1/2 oz (14g)
Nano
Weight: 1/20oz (1.5g ) <> 3/32oz (2.5g) <> 1/8oz (3.5g) <> 3/16oz (5 g)
Swim
Weight: 10,5 g – 3/8 oz <> 14 g – 1/2 oz
Tenax
Weight: 3/4oz (21g) <> 1/2oz (14gr) <> (3/8oz) (10,5g) <> 5/16oz (8,75g) <> 1/4oz (7 g )

It would be good to hear feedback before I go and buy a load. Also, let me know what trailers work well with them.

Cheers

Matthew

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Molix Jigs

Post by Jdmbassman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:49 am

There is lot of hype about Molix so I thought I would take the plunge. I got some of their SV Craws as well.

I'm going with the following but interested to know your experiences too;

Kento 3/8oz - Plan to pair with the Molix SV Craw Magnum

MF - I couldn't get hold of these

Nano 6/32oz - I plan to pair with a Netbaits Tiny Paca Craw

Swim - I didn't like the colors so went with the Adcantage Swim

Tenax - 3/8oz I plan to pair with Jackall Sasuteki Craw
Last edited by Jdmbassman on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 pm

So I don't like the 'brown' color of the nano, it has a purple to it and despite my now sizable trailer, I couldn't find a good match. It does however, fit nicely with their 2.75" SV Craw.

The Tenax and Kento are good though and suit a 3.5" to 3.75" size trailer. I'm looking forward to fishing these.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:09 am

I'm struggling to know when to use the Tenax and the Molix. It would be great if someone could let me know when to use one over the other, especially as they come in the same weights and sizes.

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 am

save your money and try out dirty jigs....best jigs IMO....great selection of colours and sizes available....paint finish on the heads are very durable and will last much longer than most jigs on the market....for flipping or pitching....i use missile d bombs as a trailer in heavy cover.....swim jigs try using keitech swing impact fats in 4.3" size fit much better than the larger sizes or the krazy flappers as a trailer...use it like a spinnerbait and to cover lots of water with them....as for colours....match the hatch or pick combos that you'll like...

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:49 am

I am trying out JDM Keitch and Evergreen jigs too. I can't get my hands on any Deps Flatback. A shipment of Evergreen jibs in various sizes and colors in enoute;
* Reaction Football Casting
* Silicone Rubber Caster
* Swimming Troper Rubber
* Professional Round CC Rubber.

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Jdmbassman wrote:I'm struggling to know when to use the Tenax and the Molix. It would be great if someone could let me know when to use one over the other, especially as they come in the same weights and sizes.
I've fished both and here are my thoughts on the Kento and Tenax:

Kento: Excels at pitching and flipping. Line tie location allows you to drag it through hard structure such as logs and rocks without getting hung up. It does not dig in. When in its resting position either on the table or under water, it does not fall over. Hooks are decent enough and hasn't shown any rust. Weedguard is somewhat soft and thin on the 3/8 that I use, but for fishing hard cover, that is not an issue.

Tenax: Excels at casting and can also be used as a swim jig. I use this jig primarily around lily pads and submergent vegetation. I occasionally use it around wood and rocks, but it does not excel at it. I've lost a couple in there whereas I think if I had the Kento tied on it would have just went right over it. Its conical shape allows you to pull this jig through the thickest weeds without issues. Weedguard is also more stiff than the Kento, but not too stiff where you would need to thin it out.

Left (3/8 Molix Kento with 3' Yum Wooly Bug)
Middle (1/2 Molix Tenax with 4" Yum Wooly Bug)
Right (3/4 Outkast RTX with 4' Pit Boss)
molix_jigs_resized.jpg
molix_jigs_resized.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 7423 times

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:21 pm

progressive816 wrote:
Jdmbassman wrote:I'm struggling to know when to use the Tenax and the Molix. It would be great if someone could let me know when to use one over the other, especially as they come in the same weights and sizes.
I've fished both and here are my thoughts on the Kento and Tenax:

Kento: Excels at pitching and flipping.
molix_jigs_resized.jpg
Thanks for words of wisdom, my basic knowledge thought it was the other way around with the Tenax better suited to flipping and pitching and the Kento would be the Casting jig.

In your experience, I much further can you cast the Tenax over the Kento ?

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:34 pm

They cast the same at 1/2oz to me. Structure and cover determines which one I will use most of the time although both are quite all-purpose.