Archangel

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Archangel

Post by Aaronb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Pen3 wrote:
bassm1n wrote:They must be too interested in selling them .i emailed a week ago asking some questions. Still no response
Makes you think twice about their customer support when you can't even get them to read the email from a potential buyer.
bassm1n wrote:Must be following the megabass business model
That's hilarious considering Pen3 buys Megabass rods. I guess it only makes you think twice if it's a brand you aren't in love with. :lol:

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews on these. I'd be interested in getting one in the future. Unfortunately it's not in the budget right now, since I'm moving across country in a couple weeks.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:06 am

bassm1n wrote:Is it just me or does the cork look pretty bad at the reel seat?? At 650 I would expect better.
Big negative
Hope that's not the norm :?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:17 am

Last time i had to deal with a broken tip, it was done swiftly with no questions why it broke and didnt have to pay anything but one way shipping. No problems with MB usa so far for me. I have also ordered three times with mb japans outlet store through email and there was no hiccups.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 am

x2. I have dealt with MB USA staff multiple times, and they always went out of their way to help me.

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:07 am

Pen3 wrote:Last time i had to deal with a broken tip, it was done swiftly with no questions why it broke and didnt have to pay anything but one way shipping. No problems with MB usa so far for me. I have also ordered three times with mb japans outlet store through email and there was no hiccups.
I was just giving you a hard time. I've actually heard both Megabass and 13 fishing take care of issues quickly. I think with either finding out information at times might be an issue. I like both brands rods.

I guess it's just me, but I like the cork that's not perfect. It adds a little character to the rod.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Maybe there will be more reviews soon...TW hadn't sold a single one and now the sale is on. They're already out of the 7'2".

Traybird
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Traybird » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:45 pm

I bought another 8' and it looks great and feels the same.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:09 am

KP Duty wrote:Maybe there will be more reviews soon...TW hadn't sold a single one and now the sale is on. They're already out of the 7'2".
Was just thinking the same thing...hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:07 am

Any new reports out there?

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:52 am

I have the 7'2. Been able to use it a few times. It is a great MH action rod. Very sensitive and loads really easy. Versatile so you can fish just about anything with it . Rear handle length is short enough you can cast a variety of ways. The new PTS Fuji reel seat is the most comfortable I have ever used. The build quality is top notch. Looks great with my IP68 or the Metanium. Stamped made in Japan. Based on above, I believe it rivals other JDM products in the same price range.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:37 am

bassm1n wrote:I have the 7'2. Been able to use it a few times. It is a great MH action rod. Very sensitive and loads really easy. Versatile so you can fish just about anything with it . Rear handle length is short enough you can cast a variety of ways. The new PTS Fuji reel seat is the most comfortable I have ever used. The build quality is top notch. Looks great with my IP68 or the Metanium. Stamped made in Japan. Based on above, I believe it rivals other JDM products in the same price range.
can u post some pics showing the balance of the rod on a finger? thx dude. also, how the does sensitivity compare to some other high end rods u've used?

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 pm

bassm1n wrote:I have the 7'2. Been able to use it a few times. It is a great MH action rod. Very sensitive and loads really easy. Versatile so you can fish just about anything with it . Rear handle length is short enough you can cast a variety of ways. The new PTS Fuji reel seat is the most comfortable I have ever used. The build quality is top notch. Looks great with my IP68 or the Metanium. Stamped made in Japan. Based on above, I believe it rivals other JDM products in the same price range.

Great to hear. Thanks. 8-)

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 am

Aaronb wrote:
Pen3 wrote:Last time i had to deal with a broken tip, it was done swiftly with no questions why it broke and didnt have to pay anything but one way shipping. No problems with MB usa so far for me. I have also ordered three times with mb japans outlet store through email and there was no hiccups.
I was just giving you a hard time. I've actually heard both Megabass and 13 fishing take care of issues quickly. I think with either finding out information at times might be an issue. I like both brands rods.

I guess it's just me, but I like the cork that's not perfect. It adds a little character to the rod.
Warranties go... 13 and MB are top notch. Have dealt with both and my father in law has had good dealings with 13

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 am

no rod is worth 650.00