JDM Purchase

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JDM Purchase

Post by zalan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:23 pm

MondayMonkey wrote:
Cracker wrote:Japan Lure Shop does not communicate.
Don't know about Digitaka.
To be honest I've never once had to communicate with a JDM retailer. Over 40 orders (digitaka, plat, jpangler, bassjp, japanlureshop, samurai, and ichiban) and one has never gone wrong lol. While on the other hand I've had issues requiring contact and or returns with TW, Tackle Direct, Hi's, and ALFC. Everyone handled them fine but I think it's pretty hilarious that with about the same amount of orders I've only ever had issues with American retailers.
Where humans work, they will make mistakes. I do not think it is a problem and the most important thing is how do they handle the mistakes. I had japanese shop sending wrong item, it happens everywhere. Just need to have good customer service and everything is fine.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:30 pm

MondayMonkey wrote:
To be honest I've never once had to communicate with a JDM retailer. Over 40 orders (digitaka, plat, jpangler, bassjp, japanlureshop, samurai, and ichiban) and one has never gone wrong lol. While on the other hand I've had issues requiring contact and or returns with TW, Tackle Direct, Hi's, and ALFC. Everyone handled them fine but I think it's pretty hilarious that with about the same amount of orders I've only ever had issues with American retailers.
Here I meant simple communication like that - When do you expect this item back in stock?
Can you order that and that color? Just a general question about a product.
Never had any issues with deliveries.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:31 pm

MondayMonkey wrote:
Here I meant simple communication like that - When do you expect this item back in stock?
Can you order that and that color? Just a general question about a product.
Never had any issues with deliveries.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:55 am

MondayMonkey wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:One of my buddies on another forum ordered a cast control cap for his Alphas SV. I apparently doesnt fit the new SV compared to the older ones, so they told him to keep it and refunded him the money. Try and get that service over here.
I ordered a some spybaits and rod gloves from TW a year or 2 back. When I opened the box it had 4 live target frogs and a spool of Sufix 832 50lb line in it. They had sent someone elses order to me and mine to him. Called them up they told me to keep just keep it and sent me a duplicate order. Obviously had I gotten some guys Stella I'm sure that wouldn't have happened but it was still a nice way to handle it.
TW is a class outfit!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

I ordered casting reel on ebay. Parcel packed well and i received it when 6-7 days passed since seller ship it to me to Russian Federation from Japan, without any issues. Few my friends purchased rods and reels from Digitaka and that all ok with goods, which they ordered.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:Order from Japan Lure Shop and you will have zero problems or worries.
Agreed. I have ordered two from them over the last month with zero issues. I did have a small SNAFU with Megabass, but just pay with paypal and you're covered.