Smalljaw's Hair jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Smalljaw's Hair jigs

Post by NJ Jigman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:37 am

I have been tying my own jigs for years. I have been tying bucktail under silicone for most of those years. Recently, I've discovered his YouTube videos. I have learned so much about using alternatives and have been creating some really nice jigs that I hope will be very successful this spring for the lmb's and smb's. I just wanted to give him a shout out of how helpful he's been. If anyone wants to give him or other helpful jig tyers a shout please so so! That's for opening my eyes to so many options, Smalljaw!!!!

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Smalljaw's Hair jigs

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:56 am

He is a good guy no doubt and so are the vids. Always willing to help folks out and take the time to explain things. I have a handful of his hair jig variations. Great products from a great guy!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 am

Thank you very much for the shout out and vote of confidence, I try hard to do a good job. The vids started as a way to help a person wanting to learn to tie but didn't understand the terminology or my explanations and he couldn't open a video email so I put it on you tube and I've been getting email request for more. I try to make the best jigs and spinnerbaits that I can and I try to make a video that is easy to understand and I thank you for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:25 am

Learned a lot on tying hair jigs from his YouTube videos. His photo examples on this board and many others are great too. Thanks smalljaw!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 am

NJ Jigman wrote:I have been tying my own jigs for years. I have been tying bucktail under silicone for most of those years. Recently, I've discovered his YouTube videos. I have learned so much about using alternatives and have been creating some really nice jigs that I hope will be very successful this spring for the lmb's and smb's. I just wanted to give him a shout out of how helpful he's been. If anyone wants to give him or other helpful jig tyers a shout please so so! That's for opening my eyes to so many options, Smalljaw!!!!
Have you made them yet? I still have the Jigs you made for me! lol

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah, I made about 25 this winter. I've been making jigs w/ Bucktails and fox for years but wanted to expand. I made many finesse jigs with maribou under silicone several bucktail, maribou/ silicone jigs on light.football heads and a few buck/maribou swimjigs. I also made some big musky jigs for a friend. I'm phyched for the ice out. Jerry, did you have any luck w the jigs I made you? Hope so!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:41 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:Yeah, I made about 25 this winter. I've been making jigs w/ Bucktails and fox for years but wanted to expand. I made many finesse jigs with maribou under silicone several bucktail, maribou/ silicone jigs on light.football heads and a few buck/maribou swimjigs. I also made some big musky jigs for a friend. I'm phyched for the ice out. Jerry, did you have any luck w the jigs I made you? Hope so!
I totally have! One of my go-to jigs to be honest... a mix of hair and silicone strands, bass love it!