wins

Is there any other species?
Flippin Pigs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

wins

Post by Flippin Pigs » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:08 am

what everyones best finish in a tourny...how many wins do you have if you have any??

Wayne
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: wins

Post by Wayne » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:42 am

I have three wins,a few seconds but have big habit of coming in sixth for some reason. Usually have a problem of getting the kicker.

Wayne

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Reno Reeler » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:58 am

Tournament guys,

When you're in the money, is the payout more in equipment than cold hard cash?

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:51 am

--- Flippin and Wayne ---

What circuits and levels are most of your tournaments on? Do either of you fish B.A.S.S. Club tournaments? Wayne when you say you finish 6th fairly often, how many total fishermen is that out of?

Flippin how big are the tournies you typically fish?

I don't have any wins yet myself, since I have yet to fish a tournament. I would imagine if I start this year it will be tough because I'll be fishing out of the back of somebody elses boat in each tournament.

Wayne
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Wayne » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:43 pm

Reno it is cold hard cash. There is usually door prizes and a ticket sale which can be either depending on the organization. Also the lunker is cash prize.

Zmazefsky I fish mainly local tourneys which are anywhere from 25 to 50 boats which are team tournys. I belong to three clubs of which one is a B.A.S.S. chapter

Wayne

Flippin Pigs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Flippin Pigs » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:09 pm

I fish the CFT (Canadian Fishing Tour), it's the biggest bass tour in Canada, as well as other smaller tournies. Even the smaller tournies have between 60 and 100 teams. Wayne you say you like 6th lol....i have a big problem with 8th.....it seems to be my spot at least 3 times a year. Id rather come in last than 8th..GRRRRRR :evil: last year i had a pretty average year....fished 14 tournies (3 of those didnt weigh-in because of boat/truck/equipement trouble) had 7 top tens with 2 wins, a 2nd and a 3rd.

No i dont belong to a club...i used to.....might join again in 2005 because the ontario BASS qualifer is on the Bay of Quinte....my home water

Keith T
Angler
Angler

Post by Keith T » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:19 am

I've won 2 tournies in 8 years...but 1 was in our Federation trail from the back of the boat in the B division...I had 5 bass 3lmb & 2 smallies for 12.05 lbs. & i also had lunker with a 4.35 lmb & won 462.00 & the guy i was fishing with came in the money also in 4th in the A division...thanks to the baits i gave him & i was using & i offered him 50.00 for gas & he refused it...thats CLASS...