Fishing in Seattle, Feb 2014

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
Angler
Angler

Fishing in Seattle, Feb 2014

Post by 9660 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Hey guys, i'm from the tropics of asia and would be heading to seattle in feb to may of '14, any idea what species are active then? i remember seeing a chart stating which times of the year are best for which species but cant find it anywhere online anymore. Always wanted to catch my first largemouth but i'm pretty sure feb-may is the worst time to be going for bass. I'm generally a freshwater guy but will be open to saltwater as well if the fishing's good.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Fishing in Seattle, Feb 2014

Post by karirick » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 am

Try gamefishin.com. Mostly salmon/steelhead fisherman on there, but there are some sturgeon, catfish, walleye, kokanee and bass guys on there as well.

Have fun!

Rick

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:37 pm

www.washingtonlakes.com
All the info you will need can be found here

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:45 am

Lake Washington has some good Cutthroat trout fishing. There may be a few local rivers still open for Steelhead then, Salmon will be over. Bass fishing will be slow, but Lake Washington and a few other areas offer Smallies deep. Try 40+ FOW. Should be some decent action in the sound for ocean species.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:09 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:http://www.washingtonlakes.com
All the info you will need can be found here
This is a great site I go here for info as well. Also utube fishing lake Washington.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm

I live on Lake Washington and fish multiple days a week, and if you can get out for some bass fishing during May on Lake Washington, youre in for a good time

Angler
Angler

Post by 9660 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the input, really appreciate the sharing! Well change of plans and i'll only be heading over in march, hopefully by then the weather's warmed up enough. During March-April, what species do you guys usually go after? Also, i should be fishing 3-4 times a week so i can't afford to go on chartered trips often, is it possible to fish the lakes/rivers from shore? How productive would that be? I'm kind of a walk-and-cast angler. Would anyone consider this a waste of effort?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 pm

9660 wrote:Hey guys, thanks for all the input, really appreciate the sharing! Well change of plans and i'll only be heading over in march, hopefully by then the weather's warmed up enough. During March-April, what species do you guys usually go after? Also, i should be fishing 3-4 times a week so i can't afford to go on chartered trips often, is it possible to fish the lakes/rivers from shore? How productive would that be? I'm kind of a walk-and-cast angler. Would anyone consider this a waste of effort?
Never a waste of effort! Though I've never fished it, I'm sure Lake Washington has some decent bank access. What kind of time restrictions are you on, and how far are you willing to travel?

Angler
Angler

Post by 9660 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
9660 wrote:Hey guys, thanks for all the input, really appreciate the sharing! Well change of plans and i'll only be heading over in march, hopefully by then the weather's warmed up enough. During March-April, what species do you guys usually go after? Also, i should be fishing 3-4 times a week so i can't afford to go on chartered trips often, is it possible to fish the lakes/rivers from shore? How productive would that be? I'm kind of a walk-and-cast angler. Would anyone consider this a waste of effort?
Never a waste of effort! Though I've never fished it, I'm sure Lake Washington has some decent bank access. What kind of time restrictions are you on, and how far are you willing to travel?
Haha! Nice to know there's a glimmer of hope. I'm on a shoestring budget for the 2 months i'll be there, so no personal car. Travelling's gonna be done by bus or taxi, unless what i've heard about those pay-per-use cars are true.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:39 pm

9660 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Haha! Nice to know there's a glimmer of hope. I'm on a shoestring budget for the 2 months i'll be there, so no personal car. Travelling's gonna be done by bus or taxi, unless what i've heard about those pay-per-use cars are true.
Hmm :-k . Well, I suppose the best thing to do may be to ask around about local access areas. Otherwise, taxi + gear + the need to walk around a bunch looking for spots could become complicated

Angler
Angler

Post by 9660 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
9660 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hmm :-k . Well, I suppose the best thing to do may be to ask around about local access areas. Otherwise, taxi + gear + the need to walk around a bunch looking for spots could become complicated
yeah, one of the problems i predicted. i'm aware that there's a boundary for the car2go, would those be able to get me to any good lakes/rivers? yeah, from where i come from, we only use 1 setup for the entire trip since none of us own boats(almost all fresh water bodies are reservoirs) and fish on foot. So, gear-wise, i'm good to go. Just found out i'll be just south of lake union! That's a good thing, right? :-k

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Posting this so I can come back to this before I go to washington next year! :big grin:

Angler
Angler

Post by 9660 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:45 am

i know we're all protective over our spots, but could anyone give me a simple thumbs up or down about the stretch of breakwaters along Myrtle Edwards Park at the end of Denny Way? Currently that's what i'm most curious to try out, or should i be looking elsewhere?

HdnRibs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HdnRibs » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 am

So, how did it go? Well I hope.

Angler
Angler

Post by 9660 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 am

HdnRibs wrote:So, how did it go? Well I hope.
hey! well... when my plans have finally been confirmed, i'll only be able to fish the month of april and thus far it hast been good. so far the only spot i know of is geen lake and i've gotten nothing from it yet. gonna try again tomorrow for the last time before i cover my eyes and randomly pick a spot on google earth and head there next. LOL