Flippin/Pitchin with Micro Guides?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JDietsch
Angler
Angler

Flippin/Pitchin with Micro Guides?

Post by JDietsch » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:47 am

What are your experiences with flippin with micro guides? Especially with heavy lines like 25lb test fluorocarbon or 65lb braid? Would the heavier lines not flow as freely through them and hinder distance and accuracy? Heavy lines with the micro guides using light baits/heavy baits? I like the idea of them because of the weight reduction.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Flippin/Pitchin with Micro Guides?

Post by smalljaw » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:21 am

I have not noticed a ton of difference using 12# to 14# mono but 16# mono and 50# braid did seem to travel well with less effort, in fact I know it was less as the first few pitches using the heavy line I was overshooting my target by a few feet. As for sensitivity or anything else I did not notice any real difference but as I said, the distance when using the heavier line was noticeable when pitching but I was tying direct to the braid, no leader for me so in clear water I go with mono as I can't stand flourocarbon.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 am

Micros are fine for flipping/pitching.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm

I had no issues using 20 pound Fluoro and 65 pound braid. Pitched right along with my standard guided rod, I could tell no difference. That was with no leader though. When I tied on a leader, even with a Modified Albright knot, it gave me trouble. Drove me nuts with the knot on the guides.

Str8upirish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Str8upirish » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I've had no problem flipping and pitching with micro guides