My Latest New Toy

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

My Latest New Toy

Post by skinhead » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 am

Picked up my latest custom rod a few days ago. It's another ultralight, built on a custom Harrison 3wt fly blank, only 25 of which were made for my previous employers. It's 6'6", and for a spinning rod soft actioned, in fly terms it'd be classed as a full flex. The handle is 16.25" overall and 1"dia, it has a 1.5" foregrip and 10.25" behind the seat. Reel seat is a Fuji DPS 17, guides are a set of Kigan SiC single leg that I already had. Guide wraps are Gudebrod 468 Purple tipped with Fish Hawk metallic Lavender. It matches a 4' 3wt fly rod that I had built. As you can see I went for understated.

It'll be partnered with either a Shimano Twinpower 1000 PGSDH, or a Stradic 2500FI, both balance well on the rod. The intended use will be cranks, spinners and UL spoons, though I'll undoubtedly throw some soft plastics and jigflies with it.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, but reducing them in P'Bucket has softened the images.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: My Latest New Toy

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Nice! I have toyed with the idea of having a casting rod built on a 9-10 wt. blank to throw medium-sized curlytail grug/jigheads and in-line spinners at the beach.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My Latest New Toy

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Nice, classic beauty right there. 8-)