Baits for dirty summer water.

Is there any other species?
Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Baits for dirty summer water.

Post by Katron » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:56 pm

What are your favorite baits to fish in dirty summer water? Please include weight, color and size.
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Baits for dirty summer water.

Post by KillaBass » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

i fish alot of dirty stained muddy water..i use alot of stick baits,jigs,frogs,flipping plastics,worms..i use alot of of dark colors..black,black and blue,junebug
https://www.youtube.com/@KeePReeLing

llvwj
Angler
Angler

Post by llvwj » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:13 pm

I have been successful with 2 willow blade spinnerbait in dirty stained water

thereeldreamer
Angler
Angler

Post by thereeldreamer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I too fish a lot of muddy water local ponds. My current favorite is the 1/2oz D&M Baits Double Hammer Buzzbait in a black n red color. :D
I really like to target the shady areas mid day then in the evening and morning fish it everywhere (mainly right on the bank, like a few feet away at most). I have found that most fish in muddy water like to either sit right on the bank or if they are off shore a bit I find them holding very tight to cover. At least the few muddy ponds I have here they never seem to just be roaming in open water... probably due to the muddy bottom of the lakes. Just no reason to be out on a flat muddy bottom.

Here are just a few of the fish that I have caught on that bait in the past 2 weeks...

Decent 3lber in muddy water

Big ole 8lber on the buzzbait in muddy water!

Solid 5lber on the buzzbait.
http://chrisitianburnsfishing.weebly.com

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 pm

In stained water, you can pretty much catch them with anything that you would in clear water conditions. But my favorites are 1/2 oz flipping jig in black/brown or black/blue with a pork trailer. I feel that the slower sink rate helps out. I also like rattles although I've caught as many w/out rattles, more of a confidence thing imo. Another great bait to try is a 1/2 oz lipless crankbait in firetiger or red. Great search bait and I find it more effective in stained/dirty water than in clear water.

sn95
Angler
Angler

Post by sn95 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 pm

i use 1/2oz spinnerbaits, colors range depending on how muddy the water is from white/chartreuse to soild black. Normally double willow with both blades being silver if the water has some visibilty, if it's pretty muddy blades will be a colorado that that is either gold, copper, or black. I also throw buzzbaits, normally all black or black and red. Then pretty much any type of plastic dragged across the bottom. I don't fish plastics too much because I am limited to one rod at the moment and it's set up with mono for the reaction baits.

Deaknh
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Deaknh » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:48 am

Chatterbaits, probably any color, I use red and white or chartreuse, 1/2 oz, bounce them off the bottom, steady retrieve, basically try to find what the fish want.