Jika rig

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
summers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Jika rig

Post by summers » Fri May 04, 2012 12:21 am

Well the other day I was board and watching some YouTube videos of some guys fishing in Japan FYI I do not speak Japanese I just watch videos for the sake of watching fishing videos, and I saw this crazy new way of rigging a plastic creature bait a cross between a Texas rig and drop shot. I did some reading owner debuted this product at the 2011 icast and its out in stores now but they use a different name they call it a jig rig and for 2 pack of 5/0 hooks and a 1/4 oz drop shot weights they charge $8.

Well I looked through my tackle and I had the components to make my own version and I wanted to share it with other that might not have heard or seen them yet.

I made a hand full of them in no time flat with items I already had. I just used a simple nail polish that I use to paint all my bullet weights so I have a few different colors but I did most in the black as noted in the photo.

1/0 with 1/8 and 3/16
3/0 with 1/4 and 3/8
5/0 with 3/8 and 1/2

My version

Owners version

I know that its nothing super creative but I wanted to share so other became aware of a new concept with out having to breaking the bank.
tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15843

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jika rig

Post by USA-RET » Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 am

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I'm going to try this rig with a Senko and some other plastic only to change the bait profile. Allowing the bait to stay horizontal as you work it and suspended just off the bottom will change what he fish normally see in the way of bait presentation.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Ong Jim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Jika rig

Post by Ong Jim » Wed May 09, 2012 1:08 am

I have a ton of split rings, hooks, and tear drop sinkers and made a few after seeing how much they cost. I like using it almost like a shakyhead. I think it is effective and gives it a different movement in the water.