Tying some new hair jigs!

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Tying some new hair jigs!

Post by l2yan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 am

I just got a bunch of EP fiber to tie some nice EP flies for stripers. I made some nice white shad profiles, but what I'm really excited about are the jigs. I tied some of this stuff around some old jigs and WOW! I can mix and match some very nice colors, make my jigs sparse or extremely thick for murkier water, and make them any length I want! I'm really digging it. Plus, I think it looks superior in a glass of water. I can't wait to try them out...

My favorite so far are the camo colored. They seriously look ready for combat! :big grin:

www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tying some new hair jigs!

Post by Imavol » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 am

That black and red one should be good for priest. You might try just a solid red one, back when I lived in Nashville that was the best color I had on Priest in the summer with a zoom skinny chunk in black.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 am

Look good!

I use a lot of hair jigs for walleyes here on the Mississipps R. and it's amazing how those large eyez can track down a sparsely tied 1/8 oz. hair jig in that big current.
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Imavol wrote:That black and red one should be good for priest. You might try just a solid red one, back when I lived in Nashville that was the best color I had on Priest in the summer with a zoom skinny chunk in black.
Thanks for the tip buddy! I'll tie some red :big grin: I can't wait to fish these suckers!
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org