Rumor mill has it...

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Rumor mill has it...

Post by bassninja » Thu May 26, 2011 3:45 am

that Shimano has a new form factor on the way to replace the current Curado E series. Is this true? If so, will we be seeing it during this year's Icast?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Rumor mill has it...

Post by Bantam1 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:20 am

As usual I will not discuss new prodcuts until they are released at ICAST in July. I will post all the new product info this year when ICAST starts.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 am

bassninja wrote:that Shimano has a new form factor on the way to replace the current Curado E series. Is this true? If so, will we be seeing it during this year's Icast?
Not to feed more fuel to the rumor ... and that may be all it is a rumor but I got the same info early this morning over a phone conversation from a source that is known to be close with Shimano. He added possibly though that this form factor would incorporate a modular design between the Curado and Chronarch models similar to how the Citica E and Curado E series did. :-k Have to wait and see I guess...

Sorry Bantam1 we know the rules but the excitement kills us every year! Look at it this way ... at least ya know you have enthusiast that are excited about your products! Besides the hype and anticipation brings attention to the brand. Look at it as a great marketing strategy! :lol:

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:54 am

We have a ton of new products coming out between the three brands. It will be a big year once again...

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Thu May 26, 2011 10:05 am

That's awesome. It seems that Shimano is really coming up with great new stuff every year at ICAST.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

You have to be innovative or you will not succeed as a business.

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

yea... but being too much innovative gives you a very high costs for development
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

fishsmart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishsmart » Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Shimano continues to lead. Like many business models you have to decide to be a leader or a follower. Some who try to lead still end up being followers. The ones satisfied with being a follower are competing for last.

Charles

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Thu May 26, 2011 12:33 pm

I love hearing the news about all the new products Shimano has coming out this year, I'm really a big fan of their tackle. I'm not sure how I feel if it's true the Curado and Chronarch would again share a similar frame. The old green Curado's and the Chronarch A's were very similar in frame shape and that turned out pretty good but I really got used to them being different from each other and like it this way. i thought the Curado E was very popular and wasn't in need of a re-design so soon.

Either way Shimano chooses to go I'm sure it will all work out I'm just kind of surprised that these relatively new reel designs are up for replacement so fast.

bh54lf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bh54lf » Thu May 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Early leak!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 630&type=1

Not sure if that link will work...check out Dave mercers recent pics on Facebook

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Thu May 26, 2011 5:09 pm

:o black & white

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Damn...

Now I don't know if I should get a Chronarch D.

Storm trooper design, I like it.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 am

I am goin out on a limb and saying that my crystal ball has predicted: Split foam grip Compre and Crucials stepped up in graphite construction with Compre now having Fuji Alconite guides also, redesigned Shimano reel seats (non Fuji), and application specific use is on the way. Also a considerable Chronarch price reduction with the modular merge with Curado series. Which will leave a price point between the new Chronarch and the Core to be filled with a new model reel thats very tight lipped an will be truely released at Icast only ! I think the few samples in the U.S. are being stored at area 51 and being guarded by a special forces unit !!! :lol:

Sorry for the rough post was sent from iphone while traveling ...

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Fri May 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Good god that is the sweetest looking reel I've ever seen.

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks short the juicy details jpd.