Megabass Vision 110-Worth the Price?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass Vision 110-Worth the Price?

Post by mike304 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:44 am

I know this is probably gonna start a battle, but I gotta know. Is the Vision really worth the high price tag? I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on a $25+ bait. Is it that much better than, say, a Pointer?
I don't mind buying something if its worth the money, but I ain't loaded.
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Vision 110-Worth the Price?

Post by Johnny A » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 pm

If you're fishing from shore, where you could lose it on a stray cast or other snag OR to the maw of a toothy critter, you may want to pass. Otherwise, especially if you fish tournaments, the Vision 110 is definitely worth the price of admission.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:20 pm

I'll re-edit my response....

I was skeptical about the 110 myself. $25 a pop, really? So I started out with buying 3 of the colors I liked. Natural, Pro Blue 2, and Hi Ito Wakasagi and today I have 24+ 110's and about 9 Magnums. My Hi Ito Wakasagi is pretty beat up from 20+ fishes and it still catches fish. I have yet to replace it but probably place another order off of TW tomorrow so I have a backup.

Not to mention toothy criters love these but I've only lost 1 to a critter because I was jerking around, no pun intended. I out fish my buddy all the time but if you're in a pike infested lake or body of water you will catch about 2 bass to 1 pike. Well maybe more dinky pikes but decent pikes it's 1:2 bass. :big grin:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm

mike304 wrote:I know this is probably gonna start a battle, but I gotta know. Is the Vision really worth the high price tag? I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on a $25+ bait. Is it that much better than, say, a Pointer?
Apples and oranges. I toss Pointers in 100 and smaller, while the Vision 110 is my go to over 100mm. They also have different actions. Sometimes the pointer is hot, sometimes the 110 is hot. You might as well have both.

Southplatter
Angler
Angler

Post by Southplatter » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Since Im boatless, I fish my visions from shore. Every time I throw it out, my heart aches. What I have found is that when you spend so much on a lure, you are less likely to fool around, letting you focus entirely on what is on the bottom of the lake and what you can do to have less snag. It also helps that I fish them with excellent rods. To truely see the reason behind this bait, is to fish it.
Plus side: you can always sell it on here for almost what you paid for it.
Ill be part of the force that helps change swimbait Colo...........
Life is about passion, conservation should be one...

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Yes, yes, yes and not only because they catch fish like crazy . There finishes are better and more durable than any other bait out there. The hooks are the best I've ever seen. Plus they'll out cast any jerkbait on the market. The pointer, the flit and x-raps all have there place in my tackle box, but I reach for a 110 most of the time.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 am

My take on lures has changed over the years from when I was younger and had to cram 100's of baits
into the largest boxes known in existence to where I am now, more streamlined with my approach. I
usually only have a small box filled with proven fish catchers and I enjoy fishing this way more so than
trying to choose between many baits. Point is, buy a Vision or two, life's too short and you'll constantly
be wondering about the 110 if you don't try it. Perfect example, I just settled on a Steez XBD frog rod,
so I don't think it's worth mentioning getting worried about losing countless $12 frogs. :P It will be worth
it as soon as you start catching fish with one, guaranteed! \:D/

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:51 am

mike304 wrote:I know this is probably gonna start a battle, but I gotta know. Is the Vision really worth the high price tag? I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on a $25+ bait. Is it that much better than, say, a Pointer?
No...... :^o

everyone else........SSSHHHHHHH
MegabassUSA.com

deadlift
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by deadlift » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 am

You might want to check out this article ...
http://bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=3864

And Bryan Thrift won it ... Also using a Vision 110.

If you're "fun fishing", you could probably live without it. If you're trying to cash checks, it might be in your best interest to acquire one. To that point, a lot of T's can be focused on one technique (Flipping/pitch, D-shotting, etc.) and even one style of bait (Square bills, lipless cranks, etc.). But very seldom is it just one bait. I've fished T's without a specific brand of bait, but may have had something close (I think Dave mentioned Pointer 100's vs. Vision 100's) and done fine and sometimes I haven't. Other times, I've embarrassed the boater by having a specific bait he didn't have. It is just a tool, right? Sometimes having the right tool for the job can pay off.

Regards,
Will
Amistad Tackle

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:49 am

FLW 2011 got owned by Vision 110 :lol: To be honest i did not expect the pros like Stacey King to have jdm tackle in his boat, but guess you can't hide it anymore :lol:

jayfaro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jayfaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm

The Ito Vision 110 definately has it's time and place...up here in the Northeast, the time is March-November and the place is anywhere that is a natural lake! :D I do throw a LC Pointer 100 often as well when i'm on shallower/dirtier water but the Vision has been a great performer. I will say this with caution though...once you own 1, you will want more!!! Trust me on that!!!

jonahsdad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jonahsdad » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:24 am

Mike304,
I've been thinking the same thing! And, like you, I'm not loaded! But after hreading what I have about the lures, I am probably going to buy 3-4. What colors do you recommend? I'm thinking of Elegy Bone, GP Pro Blue, RB, and maybe one of the "black" colors, and and a few I can't remember.

mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mike304 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 am

well, I hope you guys are all right, cause I just bit the bullet and ordered 2 from TW. 2 Baits got me to the free shipping threshhold! I took advice from damian_megabass and tried the Natural and Wakasagi.
Now if my local lakes would just thaw out, i was still ice fishing monday.........................
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:48 pm

mike304 wrote:well, I hope you guys are all right, cause I just bit the bullet and ordered 2 from TW. 2 Baits got me to the free shipping threshhold! I took advice from damian_megabass and tried the Natural and Wakasagi.
Now if my local lakes would just thaw out, i was still ice fishing monday.........................
Those will do you good. I typically like to choose three color types:

1. A bright finish, shad looking colors
2. A mat, less reflective finish in a darker color
3. A chartreuse/orange type color

The Natural and the Wakasagi are great colors.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:55 pm

You made the right choice in purchasing a few of these baits. I throw Pointers, Ima Flits, Spros, and 110's. And whichever the fish bites, is the one I stick with. It never hurts to have a new weapon in your arsenal because they all have different actions to them. But beware, like someone said earlier, once you get one, you won't be able to stop! They are such beautifully crafted lures. ](*,)
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.