Keep on Fishin'

Is there any other species?
xxlbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Keep on Fishin'

Post by xxlbass » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Anyone been out on the water and fishing ain't worth a pile of dog $#@@it and your just going through the motions and then you start thinking how many thousands of dollars you have spent on combos, lures, boat, gas, time, launch fees and think is it all worth it??????????????????? Please inform me that I'm not the only one..........................................

dampeoples
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Keep on Fishin'

Post by dampeoples » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:46 pm

I dunno man, I always went looking for bikinis at that point, the money's spent by then, and there is always another day.

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:53 pm

Lord have mercy, you aren't the only one. Just consider yourself a tackle collector that fishes occasionally. ;) I figured out a while back that it's not just the fish I go after, hence, my tag line. But don't you just love it when every now and then, you boat that hawg, and get that rush. :big grin: Makes me want to go buy more stuff.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

arbogastjunkie
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by arbogastjunkie » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:10 pm

I hear you....I just moved down to PA recently. I have fished a local resrvoir that rents boats about four times now and all I have to show for it is one dink. I dont know what it is, I just cannot figure this place out. Frustrating is a kind way of putting it.

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:58 pm

That's why they call it Fishing not Catching.......... :?

we've all been there, and would rather be on a the boat then on the couch. Am I right?

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:19 pm

My home lake is The Pudd as we call it, which is notorious for being a tough bite. Days like you mentioned are the norm and while it is very frustrating, It is what got me into "nicer" tackle. I said to myself at least I can look at pretty stuff while I'm getting the stripe painted on my back.. lolx.. ](*,) I remember I was on a 2 week long skunk streak and contemplated selling all my stuff and giving up fishing. then spawn came around .. well you know how that goes.. which reminds me, I gotta go buy more pretty stuff to look at for my winter skunkings.. :oops:

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:48 am

vArm wrote:That's why they call it Fishing not Catching.......... :?

we've all been there, and would rather be on a the boat then on the couch. Am I right?
Or at Bass Pro Shops. :D
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

njvbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by njvbass » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:14 am

I been there, don't even feel like loading the boat or putting anything away right.

padavid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by padavid » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 am

arbogastjunkie wrote:I hear you....I just moved down to PA recently. I have fished a local resrvoir that rents boats about four times now and all I have to show for it is one dink. I dont know what it is, I just cannot figure this place out. Frustrating is a kind way of putting it.
Where in PA are you fishing?

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:33 pm

padavid wrote:
arbogastjunkie wrote:I hear you....I just moved down to PA recently. I have fished a local resrvoir that rents boats about four times now and all I have to show for it is one dink. I dont know what it is, I just cannot figure this place out. Frustrating is a kind way of putting it.
Where in PA are you fishing?
sounds like hes fishing at the nock!

bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bruce S » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:39 pm

i won't be fishing the Noch until three weeks , but beltzville was good over the weekend. :shock: the fish were everywhere b

kingsriverrat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kingsriverrat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:30 pm

`Is it so nice as all that?' asked the Mole shyly, though he was quite prepared to believe it as he leant back in his seat and surveyed the cushions, the oars, the rowlocks, and all the fascinating fittings, and felt the boat sway lightly under him.
`Nice? It's the ONLY thing,' said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. `Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' he went on dreamily: `messing--about--in--boats"

Kenneth Grahame
The Wind in the Willows

fishinfreak21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishinfreak21 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 pm

reelblues wrote:
vArm wrote:That's why they call it Fishing not Catching.......... :?

Or at Bass Pro Shops. :D
Amen.