Broken Daiwa LT Flippin stick

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
olds350ho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Broken Daiwa LT Flippin stick

Post by olds350ho » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm

I was out this morning and was flippin caught a couple small bass, then I got a 3 pounder and my daiwa lt broke just past the second line guide from the reel seat. :evil: I have been looking ever sense I got home for the receipt and can not find it, do you think they will still warrantee it? This really sucks because tomorrow Iam going to Kentucky lake for a week of fishing. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks
-Jimmy

sony
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Broken Daiwa LT Flippin stick

Post by sony » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:20 pm

I can't really say for sure, but I bet you will get a lesser replacement fee. Send it in, explain what happened, and ask if there is a production date on the rod to help plea your case. Good luck. Oh, and if you bought it on a credit card, you can check the store. Sometimes they will keep a copy of the receipt for a while on their computers.

MaineFshr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MaineFshr » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:30 am

The same thing happend to my 6'6" MH LT. I plan on sending it in just to see what happens. I dont have the reciept either and am not sure if this is my older or newer LT. My friend has sent some tackle back to daiwa with pretty good success. So i will see what i can get.

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:08 pm

Not sure about rods, but I've had only great experiences with Daiwa customer service. Call them up and state your situation before sending anything in, that way you know exactly what they'll do for you before putting out any shipping fee's..
Good luck..

deepsessions
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by deepsessions » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Daiwa is a great company! if your out of warrenty and have the 1st or 2nd gen. L&T than you can pay to get the upgrade +your shipping.

Daiwa was kind enough to replace my 1st gen 6'6 MH and 7'6 flippin' stick for their new stock L&T's because they sent me two rods from their lower end line without calling me first for the upgrade option. Can't say they will do the same for you but if your out of warrenty they help you out!