guide question on megabass rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

guide question on megabass rods

Post by phatbass » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 am

is it true that the megabass rod use full titanium sic guides? not just titanium coated sic's that are found on st croix elite rods.

MontaKen
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: guide question on megabass rods

Post by MontaKen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:05 pm

titanium's never been used for guides..the frame is in titanium and the guides are in SiC..always ;)

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:19 pm

MontaKen wrote:titanium's never been used for guides..the frame is in titanium and the guides are in SiC..always ;)
What are the butt-ugly recoil guides? :D
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:10 pm

the frames on the on the fuji tisic guides used on the elite series st croix rods is only titanium coated,not full titanium frame. Iwas told that the megabass rods and other jdm rods use a full titanium frame guide.

Tmeng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Tmeng » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:30 pm

I believe your question stemmed from a comment I made to you on Megabass rods uses Titanium Frames.

http://www.japantackle.com/Megabass_Rods.htm

Destroyer rods from Megabass are the most gorgeous bass fishing rods available today. Megabass makes Destroyers beauty with a lot of quality parts, customized parts, and most expensive parts available. Adding to the beauty, Destroyers are also high-performing with highest tension graphite blanks and its patented sensitivity magnifying system. The patented grip construction shown below is what you cannot buy from others. Beautiful rod-end emblems and cross woven graphite blanks will also always please your eyes, also others'. All Megabass rods are equipped with Fuji Titanium Frame SIC guides and Titanium Frame Gold Cermet tip top. Each guide is wrapped in green, purple metallic, black and gold.

There are also other rod companies that uses Titanium "Finish" Frame made by Fuji that are less expensive.

Hope this answers your question.

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Most top end JDM brands use full titanium framed SiC guides. There are some exceptions like the Evergreen Tactics Morizo Flip (I think? KJ can probably confirm).

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm

tony,
I didn't think they made full titanium sic guides,I wasn't doubting you tony.btw way I still can't believe how light that f-7 711x rod is,I will have to seriously consider a base destroyer model.

Tmeng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Tmeng » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:51 pm

I didn't think you were doubting me, just seeking a second opinion.
To me it simply justifies the cost and the reasoning of buying a JDM. For now I'm sold on JDM rods, it's quite breath taking the craftmanship they put into their rods.

Your probably going to run into the concern about the warranty. Just have to take extra care of the rod, if it breaks by freak of nature, or mis-treatment, then there is no one to blame.

Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Itchy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:52 pm

a full titanium casting guide size 12 cost about 5 bucks for a rod company, and sinlge foot 6's about 3 bucks. If the rod were built with all 12s it would cost them 45 dollars. Now you guys can figure out how much they are gaining or losing by building with full titanium framed guides.

MontaKen
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MontaKen » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:24 am

mhood wrote:
MontaKen wrote:titanium's never been used for guides..the frame is in titanium and the guides are in SiC..always ;)
What are the butt-ugly recoil guides? :D
:D i know them..i've a BSR803 GLX...but i think that are made of a titanium alloy and not full titanium! ;)