ICAST 2017

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

ICAST 2017

Post by Cal » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 am

ICAST is just around the corner and with our newly published, First Look Inside Shimano's new Curado K, we are now officially in full ICAST mode with nothing but new product announcements and information published on the site from today through the end of the show and until we've exhausted our leads.

We're clearing room in our laptops, formatting the cards in our cameras, and packing our bags in anticipation of the show. What new product are YOU most anxious to hear about and/or what are you hopeful will be debuted at the show? Let's hear it!
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: ICAST 2017

Post by rockchalk06 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:36 am

I'm most interested in when the Curado 200k will in stock at Tackle Trap and on its way to Oklahoma :big grin:

I'm curious about any new Loomis or Shimano rod. Price points etc.

Maybe more info on the Chronarch G.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Always look forward to new Megabass offerings, but also new stuff from daiwa, the Shimano Curado rods, and the Sunline Siglon braids. \:D/

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:17 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:Always look forward to new Megabass offerings, but also new stuff from daiwa, the Shimano Curado rods, and the Sunline Siglon braids. \:D/
I always like new line. We are overdue a good new fluoro though. I think InvizX and FC Sniper are hard to beat, and I have no idea how long they have been around...

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Im most excited for the conquest rods. Saw your Instagram post today with the rod, it looks great. Im soooooo excited to see that series, I heard there would be 8 casting models (I think that was the number) and I'm thinking I'm gonna be buying 2-3 immediately once they are stocked.

I haven't heard anything about it and as such I doubt it'll be a reality but Im really hoping daiwa releases a replacement for the sv 105, or better yet come out with something on par with the steez sv 105.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:23 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
MediumHeavy wrote:Always look forward to new Megabass offerings, but also new stuff from daiwa, the Shimano Curado rods, and the Sunline Siglon braids. \:D/
I always like new line. We are overdue a good new fluoro though. I think InvizX and FC Sniper are hard to beat, and I have no idea how long they have been around...
Nah. Pine has a newer fluorocarbon, Tactical. Great stuff too. Sunline has a new fluorocarbon coming at Icast as well.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Nah. Pine has a newer fluorocarbon, Tactical. Great stuff too. Sunline has a new fluorocarbon coming at Icast as well.
Is it the new cranking FC??? I figure it is just repackaged Reaction FC. Also I NEVER heard anyone speak of the FC Assassin that came out not long ago. I really prefer HiSeas Quattro for ANYTHING. You just have to go 2 sizes down, their 10lb is like InvizX 15lb. Either way, I'm not worried about the braids, been a Sufix 832 fan always. Happy to see they are releasing an 8lb version, just wish TW carried the 6lb.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:24 pm

The G. Loomis / Shimano Conquest rods are at the top of my list. :-$ :D

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:52 pm

papabassin wrote:The G. Loomis / Shimano Conquest rods are at the top of my list. :-$ :D
Check the main site right now ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Is it the new cranking FC??? I figure it is just repackaged Reaction FC. Also I NEVER heard anyone speak of the FC Assassin that came out not long ago. I really prefer HiSeas Quattro for ANYTHING. You just have to go 2 sizes down, their 10lb is like InvizX 15lb. Either way, I'm not worried about the braids, been a Sufix 832 fan always. Happy to see they are releasing an 8lb version, just wish TW carried the 6lb.
I've made several comments regarding the Assassin fluoro. I stopped using Tatsu in favor of it. Not that it's a better line, but because it's close enough cons the cost difference.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:18 pm

papabassin wrote:The G. Loomis / Shimano Conquest rods are at the top of my list. :-$ :D
X2 initial review looks great. Love that they are MBR and SJR tapers!!!

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Funny you mention tactical....figured i'd give it a try compared to Halo.

I only use it for leader material. So i want good knots, durability, stretch recovery......Pr knotted it to 5lb fins 40g.

got hung up with jackall aska square bill in a shale river. Was pretty tough to pop a double uni ....

it was pretty chaffed up a few feet above the knot...but still strong.

I dig it so far. Tatsu seemed far weaker, and didn't do well when abraded at all. But i believe it was thinner

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:02 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

I only use it for leader material. So i want good knots, durability, stretch recovery......Pr knotted it to 5lb fins 40g.

got hung up with jackall aska square bill in a shale river. Was pretty tough to pop a double uni ....

I dig it so far. Tatsu seemed far weaker, and didn't do well when abraded at all. But i believe it was thinner
I had my first ever, and I mean ever bad outing with fluoro yesterday. I have always been careful, left it indoors, conditioned it, etc. My wife's revo premier is sent off, she used my STX20 spinning on a 7'4"M rod. I had 10lb 832 and 8lb InvizX leader... it broke 4 times on hooksets. We have still never been broke fighting a fish, but have no idea what was wrong with that line yesterday. It was fresh off the spool. I'm going back to only using 10+ lb leader on that rod. HiSeas time... wish they would introduce more colored fluorocarbon

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:59 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

I had my first ever, and I mean ever bad outing with fluoro yesterday. I have always been careful, left it indoors, conditioned it, etc. My wife's revo premier is sent off, she used my STX20 spinning on a 7'4"M rod. I had 10lb 832 and 8lb InvizX leader... it broke 4 times on hooksets. We have still never been broke fighting a fish, but have no idea what was wrong with that line yesterday. It was fresh off the spool. I'm going back to only using 10+ lb leader on that rod. HiSeas time... wish they would introduce more colored fluorocarbon
Strange...Rust in the hookeye???

I used invisx was one of the earlier fluros i used. Found that it didn't knot well compared to mono...that and vanish....kinda what led me to try others in the first place. Been so happy with the Pline products (first and only pline product until tactical i ever used was halo)
I've used others, sunline, stren, etc...but started buying the halo in 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and eventually just stuck with it until i ran out of 8 :)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

Strange...Rust in the hookeye???

I used invisx was one of the earlier fluros i used. Found that it didn't knot well compared to mono...that and vanish....kinda what led me to try others in the first place. Been so happy with the Pline products (first and only pline product until tactical i ever used was halo)
I've used others, sunline, stren, etc...but started buying the halo in 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and eventually just stuck with it until i ran out of 8 :)
WOW. Just checked our box and yep, everyone of our 3/16 Owner Bullet heads are rust coated around the inside of the eye. I don't take them out of the pack cause of rust for about a year now, I grabbed these from a little storage Ziploc style bag stashed in my "river bag". I stashed them in a Warbaits jighead bag to prevent the rust from spreading to my good ones (hid them this way over a year ago). So yeah I think you solved that, sorry InvizX. I just knew I had fought tons of big smallies last winter dropshotting with this same line, and never had an issue. I always used dropshot hooks then brand new, clean as can be, right from the bag... Good call bro.