Concept Z anti-reverse bushing?

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Concept Z anti-reverse bushing?

Post by mark poulson » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:26 pm

I do not want to tear my Concept Z reel down if I don't have to, so I am asking here first.
Does the Concept Z have an anti-reverse bushing instead of a bearing?

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Concept Z anti-reverse bushing?

Post by mark poulson » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Matt?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 am

mark poulson wrote:I do not want to tear my Concept Z reel down if I don't have to, so I am asking here first.
Mark,

The Concept Z uses the same needle bearing anti-reverse we use in the Concept A and C.

Matt
13 Fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 am

So still it is technically a no BALL bearing reel. I figured it always had the standard style AR bearing, unless it had a very precise dog tooth system, but that would still offer slight back play. Handled another one of these reels not long ago, felt pretty smooth and tighter tolerances than I originally remember...

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 pm

13Fishing wrote:
mark poulson wrote:I do not want to tear my Concept Z reel down if I don't have to, so I am asking here first.
Mark,

The Concept Z uses the same needle bearing anti-reverse we use in the Concept A and C.

Matt
13 Fishing
Thanks Matt. I sprained my brain trying to figure out how you'd do it with your bushing material. You saved me the headache of breaking down the reel and checking. Did I mention I'm lazy? Hahaha

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am

DirtyD64 wrote:So still it is technically a no BALL bearing reel. I figured it always had the standard style AR bearing, unless it had a very precise dog tooth system, but that would still offer slight back play. Handled another one of these reels not long ago, felt pretty smooth and tighter tolerances than I originally remember...
Yes. Unlikely many manufacturers we constantly make small micro adjustments to improve models. The Fit and Finish, Paint, handle knob tolerances(which seem to be a TT pet peeve with many manufacturers), and lubrication standards have all been improved to enhance feel and performance.

The Concept Z is a very unique product, seems to have polarized anglers everywhere. The little unique whirl casting noise and the dead silent retrieve are different....Its clear many people really are embracing the new ideas it features.

We appreciate all the support and will continue to push new innovation in the fishing industry.

Matt
13 Fishing

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm

13Fishing wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:So still it is technically a no BALL bearing reel. I figured it always had the standard style AR bearing, unless it had a very precise dog tooth system, but that would still offer slight back play. Handled another one of these reels not long ago, felt pretty smooth and tighter tolerances than I originally remember...
Yes. Unlikely many manufacturers we constantly make small micro adjustments to improve models. The Fit and Finish, Paint, handle knob tolerances(which seem to be a TT pet peeve with many manufacturers), and lubrication standards have all been improved to enhance feel and performance.

The Concept Z is a very unique product, seems to have polarized anglers everywhere. The little unique whirl casting noise and the dead silent retrieve are different....Its clear many people really are embracing the new ideas it features.

We appreciate all the support and will continue to push new innovation in the fishing industry.

Matt
13 Fishing
Which grease should I use on the gears of my Z?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:31 am

Over the years I have had this question thousands of time. Use a grease that is sticky/tacky for your gears, this is important....you want something that will stay on the gear when it is turned.

Many Brands will work well, if you go to service your reel a few months from now and the grease isn't where you put it....it wasn't the right product.

Matt
13 Fishing