New Line of Concept Reels

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Carruth8
Angler
Angler

New Line of Concept Reels

Post by Carruth8 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 am

I was just reading an article here on TT about how most manufacturers refresh their line of reels every 3 to 5 years or so. Also, I noticed that Tacklewarehouse no longer carries the Concept E. That got me thinking, will there be newer models of the Concept A, C, E & TX coming out in the years to come?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Line of Concept Reels

Post by 13Fishing » Tue May 15, 2018 11:07 am

Carruth8 wrote:I was just reading an article here on TT about how most manufacturers refresh their line of reels every 3 to 5 years or so. Also, I noticed that Tacklewarehouse no longer carries the Concept E. That got me thinking, will there be newer models of the Concept A, C, E & TX coming out in the years to come?
Our belief is that we should never stop improving. Since the debut of the Concept Reels in 2014 we have made loads of progression improvements based on the feedback of consumers, our staff of professional fisherman, and our development team. These improvements included an entire new Ocean Armor 2 corrosion protection process, our patented Beetle Wing Rapid Access side-plate, and 2 major gear quality upgrades. I think its safe to say that we will continue to add new models and improve existing ones. Launching new innovative models like the Concept Z with CZB bearings is another example of how 13 Fishing is keeping the Concept platform among the elite low profile reel series in the world.

The Limited Edition TX was a huge hit, expect us to follow up on this successful product very soon.

Looking Deeper into the crystal ball, we see a lot of awesome stuff in the 13 Fishing product development oven. Keep your eyes out for new ideas and new products.

Matt Baldwin
13 Fishing

Carruth8
Angler
Angler

Post by Carruth8 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 am

3 years ago I decided to take a gamble & purchase your Concept A from TW and I’m so glad that I did. Hard to imagine how to improve on what is already a stellar line of reels, but I guess in a market that requires you to evolve or get left behind, I know you guys will kill it!

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 am

I had a concept KP for a while and really liked it.

Is there any chance you will offer a shallow spool that is cheaper than the KP spool? My Concept A is good for light baites, but i would love a shallower spool. If i spend the money on the KP spool, the reel will cost as much as my Alphas 105sv, so kinda is no longer a budget reel

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:32 am

Currently we do not have an additional "shallow" spool option in development.

The majority of Concept owners give us the opposite feedback, they want HIGHER capacity spools. We have addressed this over the last two seasons introducing our new models with our deeper spool option. The Concept Series is known for its cast-ability, we have quite a few guys that are throwing the line off the standard A, C size spools.

We are monitoring the "enthusiast" market for technical bait-casters, but we are currently developing our offerings within the range of use for the larger bass and inshore markets.

Matt
13 Fishing

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 am

thanks for the reply. I understand many people need the high capacity, and only a minority of people use a shallow spool.

However, i hope you do consider a simple shallow aluminium spool for the trick shop in the future. The concept reels do a great job of throwing lighter baits, i just hate putting 200 yrs or 6 or 8 lbs line on them

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am

nikbrewer wrote:thanks for the reply. I understand many people need the high capacity, and only a minority of people use a shallow spool.

However, i hope you do consider a simple shallow aluminium spool for the trick shop in the future. The concept reels do a great job of throwing lighter baits, i just hate putting 200 yrs or 6 or 8 lbs line on them
Shallow spools for life. Don't really like the American style 200yds of 20lb and my reel won't cast anything under 1/2. That's how my father still fishes with 20 year old round reels. Thought the KP spool always looked awesome!!!

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

kp spool and the kp reel were great. Just wish there was a lower cost shallow spool for these. i put the DIY spools in my diawas and they run like 35$. maybe they will make some for the concepts?

Carruth8
Angler
Angler

Post by Carruth8 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:53 am

I for one like the current “shallow” spools on the Concept reels. Now the spool on the Shimano Scorpion BFS is too shallow for me, but I also understand that is an specific application reel. Speaking of JDM reels, it’s a shame more reel manufacturers haven’t followed the model that 13 has created with reel customization. I know you can still customize Abu, Shimano & Daiwa reels, but it gets expensive having to order parts from Hedgehog ect.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:48 am

Carruth8 wrote:I know you can still customize Abu, Shimano & Daiwa reels, but it gets expensive having to order parts from Hedgehog ect.
Daiwa has the SLP works line of tuning parts, but it is limited.....and still expensive! :doh:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 am

The cats finally out of the bag, look to our web pages and social media pages for the debut of Concept Gen II. Yesterday we teased the new Concept A2.

Matt
13 Fishing