Concept Z Spool Change

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Carruth8
Angler
Angler

Concept Z Spool Change

Post by Carruth8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:20 am

I’ve read a lot lately about how you guys at 13 have spent a lot of time trying to find the right sweet spot as far as spool depth on the Concept Z. My question is, if I were to change out the spool with a regular Concept spool, but put the Concept Z bearing on the new spool, would I just be defeating the purpose of the Concept Z? Or should I just be patient & wait for new Concept Z spools to become available in the Trick Shop? Thank you in advance for answering my question, b/c I know you guys are swamped with questions about this reel!

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Concept Z Spool Change

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 am

Carruth8 wrote:I’ve read a lot lately about how you guys at 13 have spent a lot of time trying to find the right sweet spot as far as spool depth on the Concept Z. My question is, if I were to change out the spool with a regular Concept spool, but put the Concept Z bearing on the new spool, would I just be defeating the purpose of the Concept Z? Or should I just be patient & wait for new Concept Z spools to become available in the Trick Shop? Thank you in advance for answering my question, b/c I know you guys are swamped with questions about this reel!
The standard Concept Spools will cast great with a CZB bearing. We will launch the bearings by themselves in packaging very soon. When that happens we will be launching some support material to help anglers maximize the performance they get in reels they have converted to CZBs. It is my recommendation that if you want to upgrade your Origin, Inception, or Concept to CZBs you should change the #1(spool), #2(palm cover), and #3(gear side cover) bearings. The packaging will be clearly marked. This will give you the cast-ability of the Concept Z.

The only issue you might complain about is that with a decent size lure you might keep casting to the spool knot.(if this is a problem, get a deep spool) *most guys don't complain they cast TOO FAR.

Matt
13 Fishing