Widowmaker Ice Rods

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Widowmaker Ice Rods

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:31 am

Why did the Widowmaker rods get pulled from stores? They seemed like nice rods. I'm looking to buy an UL.

Also, for light jigs/panfish, which reel is better Teardrop or the 2015 6061?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Widowmaker Ice Rods

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 am

Widow Maker Ice Rods have NOT been pulled from stores.....it is most likely that whatever store you are referring to sold out of product.(or another brand rep/prostaffer decided to spread a nasty rumor) The Widow Maker has been EXTREMELY well received. I highly suggest if you are skilled hard water angler you take a very close look at the series. The double diamond coated guides shed water to reduce ice build up, and 36 Ton Toray Carbon is unheard of in a production ice rod.

Matt
13 Fishing

ccass wrote:Why did the Widowmaker rods get pulled from stores? They seemed like nice rods. I'm looking to buy an UL.

Also, for light jigs/panfish, which reel is better Teardrop or the 2015 6061?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:58 am

I noticed a big outdoor retailer had them for a couple days then the display and all the Widowmaker rods were gone. I read on another forum a small business owner had to pull his display as well.

They do seem like good rods and I will probably pick up an UL. Ice has been eluding my area so far. Usually have about 10in by now.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 pm

All of our major retailers are reporting robust rod sales so far this season. The weather has been warm, and yet major retailers are reordering Widowmaker Rods regularly. I'm not sure where the rumors of "removing Widowmakers" are coming from, but they are false.

Matt
13 Fishing

ccass wrote:I noticed a big outdoor retailer had them for a couple days then the display and all the Widowmaker rods were gone. I read on another forum a small business owner had to pull his display as well.

They do seem like good rods and I will probably pick up an UL. Ice has been eluding my area so far. Usually have about 10in by now.

wiel0059
Angler
Angler

Post by wiel0059 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:16 am

Definitely don't shy away from these rods, they are unreal... By far the best ice rod I've ever fished with.

Here is a video I threw together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgunJ7Li-U

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:54 am

Love the video, thank you for posting it. We look forward to next seasons expansion of the Widow Maker Ice Series....

Details Soon.

-13 Fishing