Ridiculous disappointment

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Ridiculous disappointment

Post by SaltyBass6 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:40 am

I bought two concept c reels new in the box from a vendor here in Texas and the first one I took wade fishing started to make noise as I was working my jig and then the anti reverse slipped completely on the fifth flounder I caught, after I took it apart (I'm used to working on Shimano reels and have been loyal to them for years) only to find frustrating tiny free floating clickers in the reel that made it a pain to deal with, I got it all cleaned up and slapped back together. Next trip it was okay. Trip after the thumb bar started sticking after every cast and then all the sudden it would get rough and not reel well anymore then be fine again. I'm guessing these are all tolerance issues. I sent it back in and they sent me a new one . In the meantime I started using the other C model I bought. 2 trips and it's doing the same thing so now I have to send it in too, fine.
I just spooled the new model they sent me (the new ones have hinged side plates which is nice) and this one's level wind won't travel all the way to the left so I guess I have to send this one back too.
I guess they made sure to send tackletour some top notch models that had actually passed through the qc department. Good for them.
I've heard lots of nagativity from guys on the fishing forums I'm a member of as well.
I might as well add that one handle had been damaged and poorly buffed out and another had been milled correctly but not deburred so it's got jagged edges . I used to be a machinist so I quickly notice stuff like this.
Anyway Reid with customer support has been fairly helpful but this is all such a huge let down.
For the few hours that these reels worked properly I can easily say I liked them more than my chronarch 50e/ and 200e models. That being said I'm still hoping 13 fishing will get this all figured out soon.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Ridiculous disappointment

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 am

First Post - Beef Post?
I smell snake in the grass...

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Troll...

SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SaltyBass6 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 am

Nope , I'll post the emails between myself and 13 fishing.

SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SaltyBass6 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:39 am

It's saying all my screenshot files are too big. I'll try to find a way around it later but I'm not trolling. Yall can think whatever you want, this was a heads up and I wanted to see if anyone else had these problems.
And the reason my first post is a "beef" post is because I gotad enough to go out of my way to say something about it, I did it here because this is the only place with a thorough review of the reel.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:47 am

I think the point others were trying to make is that when someone joins this forum and their first post is to complain about a manufacturer, they often aren't seen with a ton of credibility. It would have been much different had you joined, provided good input and feedback on other topics, and then complained about the manufacturer.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:06 am

I'll bust my Yoda out and say, 'Yes, to Mattman you listen'. Nobody can please everybody all the time, Salty. This forum generally wishes no negative. Everybody wants to know about it, of course, they just don't want to read about it. Probably why nobody mentions many a product, but that's another story... That said, bring it. What must be written, must be written.

:lol22:

SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SaltyBass6 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 am

That's totally understandable however being the support branch of this forum I figured this is where I would go to post a problem, granted my post came across as more of a complaining rant but I'm frustrated and at the time was just mad so sorry for the annoyance in that aspect.
For 230 $ I expect a reel to work flawlessly out of the box and stay near perfect within reason for at least a few trips and definitely not malfunction for quite sometime.
I'm in for 3 concept c's at this point and every single one has an issue . To me that's just unacceptable especially when my buddy is wading next to me with an old curado that looks like it got tossed underneath an 18 wheeler and it's still going strong.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Dear Salt Bass,

Our Customer service and support is here to help you....and I assure you if you take the time to follow the warranty procedures we will get your reel(s) working perfectly. We have exceptional warranty turn-around at our facility and we will get your issues sorted out quickly. Please call 1-800-508-6013 or visit the support page of our website.

We are very sorry that you are "ridiculously disappointed"....but we cant help unless you let us make it right for you. We are very happy with both the overall performance of the Concept Series Reels and the warranty and maintenance track record they have established over the last 2 years they have been on the market. Occasionally a mechanical instrument has a problem, and that why we create a great support program to get you back on the water quickly.

We look forward to receiving your reel at our facility so that we can repair or replace it as determined by our support center.

Matt
13 Fishing

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Well, it doesn't get any better than that, IMO =D>

SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SaltyBass6 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 am

Yeah Matt, I've already returned two and now I'm returning the one you sent me to replace the first one I sent in. Your company can't even replace a reel without sending me one that's defective. The level wind was machined wrong and won't travel all the way to the either side so I have big ditches in my line on either spool side. It's like 13 fishing doesn't qc things at all. Maybe you should send someone to the shop in Korea to straighten things out. And it does get better than this. Any reel you buy that does what it's supposed to out of the box is better than this.
Pretty sure I'm going back to Shimano or trying out some of the higher end lews.

Demoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Demoman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:23 am

SaltyBass6 wrote:Yeah Matt, I've already returned two and now I'm returning the one you sent me to replace the first one I sent in. Your company can't even replace a reel without sending me one that's defective. The level wind was machined wrong and won't travel all the way to the either side so I have big ditches in my line on either spool side. It's like 13 fishing doesn't qc things at all. Maybe you should send someone to the shop in Korea to straighten things out. And it does get better than this. Any reel you buy that does what it's supposed to out of the box is better than this.
Pretty sure I'm going back to Shimano or trying out some of the higher end lews.
Maybe im the only member here who appreciates both praise and negative experiences that TT members have of certain products. Salty, you express your situation, in a rather candid straight to the point overview with this thread and I find it to be useful to not only me but all consumers on TT. Refreshing really. Isnt this why we are here at TT? To learn both the good and bad? Big ups for sharing your experience.

SaltyBass6
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SaltyBass6 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 am

Maybe im the only member here who appreciates both praise and negative experiences that TT members have of certain products. Salty, you express your situation, in a rather candid straight to the point overview with this thread and I find it to be useful to not only me but all consumers on TT. Refreshing really. Isnt this why we are here at TT? To learn both the good and bad? Big ups for sharing your experience.

THANK YOU DEMONMAN.
I was beginning to wonder if I should feel like the bad guy in this situation for being fed up with low quality and poor company standards. All anyone should expect is to get what they pay for and I can understand a hiccup here and there but for myself to get three bad reels in a row especially a bad replacement blows my mind. I don't know why I haven't found more reviews like mine. Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky in this case.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 am

Salt Bass,

I'm certain there isn't a soul at 13 who is putting you in the category of 'bad guy.' I get you're not happy, I've read it on multiple threads where my team is getting tossed under the bus.

If you've had a bad experience, we'll make it right. To say (on another thread) that the response here by Matt was ho-hum and half-hearted just isn't fair. There isn't a single person on Tackle Tour that knows reels better than Matt, and that's fact, not opinion. In a past life I designed for the largest company out there on the product side, and when our reel engineers failed, Matt at Dave's Parts and Service was the man. Nobody in the US or Sweden, no random shop, just Matt. I promise he wants to help.

Feel free to give me a shout anytime if you'd like to discuss. If you're not getting the level of attention and care needed, I can help. I'll even make sure Matt tricks out the next one to the point it's bullet proof, if you'd like another go. Just dial the 800, ask for Jim.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. I own the joint, so feel free to take this as a chance to light up the Christmas tree all the way to the top. Open season. Welcome the conversation. :big grin:

Demoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Demoman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:44 am

Wow. The owner of 13fishing, reaching out a hand to help. This is unheard of! What a great opportunity, which one would surely never get with any other company! Consider my mind blown :D Awesome 13fishing. You guys at 13 are a rare bunch these days amongst the litenay big box corp companies!!Bravo.