Ridiculous disappointment

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Tom13
Angler
Angler

Re: Ridiculous disappointment

Post by Tom13 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:17 am

13Fishing wrote:Salt Bass,

I'm certain there isn't a soul at 13 who is putting you in the category of 'bad guy.' I get you're not happy, I've read it on multiple threads where my team is getting tossed under the bus.

If you've had a bad experience, we'll make it right. To say (on another thread) that the response here by Matt was ho-hum and half-hearted just isn't fair. There isn't a single person on Tackle Tour that knows reels better than Matt, and that's fact, not opinion. In a past life I designed for the largest company out there on the product side, and when our reel engineers failed, Matt at Dave's Parts and Service was the man. Nobody in the US or Sweden, no random shop, just Matt. I promise he wants to help.

Feel free to give me a shout anytime if you'd like to discuss. If you're not getting the level of attention and care needed, I can help. I'll even make sure Matt tricks out the next one to the point it's bullet proof, if you'd like another go. Just dial the 800, ask for Jim.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. I own the joint, so feel free to take this as a chance to light up the Christmas tree all the way to the top. Open season. Welcome the conversation. :big grin:
That is why I love 13 Fishing!

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:09 am

Demoman wrote:Wow. The owner of 13fishing, reaching out a hand to help. This is unheard of! What a great opportunity, which one would surely never get with any other company! Consider my mind blown :D Awesome 13fishing. You guys at 13 are a rare bunch these days amongst the litenay big box corp companies!!Bravo.

We're just happy we have an unbiased place to communicate with the intelligent anglers of the world. Versus those sites that tell you it's $3,000/mo or be referred to as SPAM and banned from mention (a-la BR). Can't stand media trying to control the output. So in short rant, we (myself especially) appreciate the feedback, whether it's positive or not.

If you're not open to constructive criticism, then you're not open to truly growing as a corporation.

Thanks,
Jim

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 am

13Fishing wrote:
Demoman wrote:Wow. The owner of 13fishing, reaching out a hand to help. This is unheard of! What a great opportunity, which one would surely never get with any other company! Consider my mind blown :D Awesome 13fishing. You guys at 13 are a rare bunch these days amongst the litenay big box corp companies!!Bravo.

We're just happy we have an unbiased place to communicate with the intelligent anglers of the world. Versus those sites that tell you it's $3,000/mo or be referred to as SPAM and banned from mention (a-la BR). Can't stand media trying to control the output. So in short rant, we (myself especially) appreciate the feedback, whether it's positive or not.

If you're not open to constructive criticism, then you're not open to truly growing as a corporation.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim, I must tell you that I'm impressed. As a businessman myself, I offer kudos to your method. You're alright in my book.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:57 am

AWESOME JIM!! =D>
Great support =D>

lil_man72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lil_man72 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:47 am

A little late to this talk but thought I'd get my 2 cents in...
Last season I started off with 4 reels
, 2 concept A reels and 2 tatula type r reels
About halfway through the season I had zero problems with the concept reels and a few problems with the tatula
One became hard to engage the clutch and another started bunching line up on one side. .. I pulled them apart and cleaned them and they were god to go again
I didn't touch the concept reels as they still worked great
I decided to upgrade reels and sold off or traded those 4 reels and ended up going with all higher end daiwa reels
Since then I've sold off all those reels and plan on spending this off season gathering up the 13 fishing concept reels and giving them a try... with the trick shop going now and also the kp spool available I should be able to build several nice reels just the way I want them like I did with the daiwas...
I'm hoping in the future they offer different cork handle sizes and maybe different length handles

For those of you that haven't handled any of the concept reels I will say the closest reel they feel like to me would be the Shimano core50... it does have a sharper edge on the palming side

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Upcoming Handle Options

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Expect some handle knob additions in the Trick Shop in 2016....we have some exciting product launches, and Trick Shop options will be expanding.

Matt
13 Fishing

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:36 am

13Fishing wrote:Salt Bass,

I'm certain there isn't a soul at 13 who is putting you in the category of 'bad guy.' I get you're not happy, I've read it on multiple threads where my team is getting tossed under the bus.

If you've had a bad experience, we'll make it right. To say (on another thread) that the response here by Matt was ho-hum and half-hearted just isn't fair. There isn't a single person on Tackle Tour that knows reels better than Matt, and that's fact, not opinion. In a past life I designed for the largest company out there on the product side, and when our reel engineers failed, Matt at Dave's Parts and Service was the man. Nobody in the US or Sweden, no random shop, just Matt. I promise he wants to help.

Feel free to give me a shout anytime if you'd like to discuss. If you're not getting the level of attention and care needed, I can help. I'll even make sure Matt tricks out the next one to the point it's bullet proof, if you'd like another go. Just dial the 800, ask for Jim.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. I own the joint, so feel free to take this as a chance to light up the Christmas tree all the way to the top. Open season. Welcome the conversation. :big grin:
bravo

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:34 am

13Fishing wrote:

Thanks,
Jim
Thanks for clearing that up- I'm on BR and while it's a great community, the censorship of companies that don't give "Glenn" money is outrageous. I recommended an Omen Black in one post (because I have 3 of them and fish them hard and love them) and I got slapped with a 7 day suspension.
I've since taken to replying to rod recommendation request posts with "Recommendations on this site won't be completely honest and unbiased".
Keep up the great work.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:23 am

cortman wrote:
13Fishing wrote:

Thanks,
Jim
Thanks for clearing that up- I'm on BR and while it's a great community, the censorship of companies that don't give "Glenn" money is outrageous. I recommended an Omen Black in one post (because I have 3 of them and fish them hard and love them) and I got slapped with a 7 day suspension.
I've since taken to replying to rod recommendation request posts with "Recommendations on this site won't be completely honest and unbiased".
Keep up the great work.
If the Scientologists had a fishing website, that place would be it.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:02 pm

cortman wrote:
13Fishing wrote:

Thanks,
Jim
Keep up the great work.
i visited that site the past week or so, and seen about a post about not being able to search for omen & envy. now 1 of the past moderators (not sure if he's still on there or not) seems to be doing youtube videos on the 13/no 8 stuff.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:17 am

i visited that site the past week or so, and seen about a post about not being able to search for omen & envy. now 1 of the past moderators (not sure if he's still on there or not) seems to be doing youtube videos on the 13/no 8 stuff.
Flukemaster? Yeah he's no longer with BR. Most he'll say about it is that the owner accused him falsely of doing something. It was not a happy separation it seems. I like Flukemaster and subscribe to his youtube channel.
I can totally understand giving precedence and prominence to people who sponsor your forum (re BR), giving them shoutouts, etc.- there's nothing wrong with making money- but to outright ban even mentioning the *name* of a certain company, just because they don't pay you, is absolutely outrageous.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:36 pm

cortman wrote:
Flukemaster? Yeah he's no longer with BR. Most he'll say about it is that the owner accused him falsely of doing something. It was not a happy separation it seems. I like Flukemaster and subscribe to his youtube channel.
I can totally understand giving precedence and prominence to people who sponsor your forum (re BR), giving them shoutouts, etc.- there's nothing wrong with making money- but to outright ban even mentioning the *name* of a certain company, just because they don't pay you, is absolutely outrageous.
yes, that's who i was talking about.

br was never 1 of the sites i posted on a lot, just another site to read. it never really struck me as a place i wanted to be very involved in. guess my gut feeling was correct.