Muse rods?

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Muse rods?

Post by JWR075 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:02 am

Can you give us some info on these rods? Like where they will be placed in the line up?
Last edited by JWR075 on Fri May 30, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Muss rods?

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 am

I believe they are "Muse" rods.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 am

Looked like muss to me. Also looked like Fuji K-Series guides. I want to see more. C'mon ICAST!

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri May 30, 2014 8:00 am

tywithay wrote:Looked like muss to me. Also looked like Fuji K-Series guides. I want to see more. C'mon ICAST!

Not to be argumentative, but I believe the last letter is an "E" in much the same style as the "E" on their Envy and Omen rods (made of three horizontal lines).

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Muse rods?

Post by JWR075 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Hard to tell on my Iphone. But updated.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 am

JWR075 wrote:Hard to tell on my Iphone. But updated.
Yeah. I couldn't see it very well on my phone. Much easier to see it says Muse on my laptop.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 am

Sorry, for the delay on this thread. We were either busy fishing or wanted to leave you guys hanging in suspense, haven't decided just yet.

These shots are from a recent product testing trip in Northern MN. If anyone is looking to catch smallies in the 18"-21"+ category, get your drive on and make the trip. Mille Lacs is absolutely on fire.

The rod in question is a new series called MUSE. There are both GOLD and BLACK editions.. The cork/eva handle is the GOLD, the carbon design is BLACK. They both fall into the price point between the ENVY and OMEN. Actions differ with BLACK being much faster than the GOLD (only spinning, more live bait/jigging/rigging applications).

To answer a few questions throughout the message board:

1. They will not have ACS seats (I don't like those, so don't worry). Custom seats coming for the BLACK.
2. The back section of the black is integrated carbon. Similar to a few high end Japanese rods we had been playing with last season. It's a good look and feel, and the final design will be larger.
3. The diameter of the blanks are smaller than many current rods we produce.
4. Using a new layout and pattern from Mitsubishi Rayon for this series (ultra sensitive stuff here).
5. We have a 1" gap on spinning rods so you can still forearm a rod while fighting a fish, saltwater guys in us. Plus...it looks cool.
6. We are incorporating X-wrap style technology into the highest end rod.
7. The highest end, ultra kick butt turbo 10,000 (made in Japan) with Ti/K/Tz guides and magical goodness is not pictured. However, we akin it's fishing ability to holding a newborn baby for the first time...it's that magical...we'll tease a few pics soon.

If we've missed anything, please ask away. We are always here, stalking, I mean...watching. :-$

Thanks,
Jim

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 am

Well now...lets just say it moved a little after reading that. Can't wait!

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 am

Sweet any idea on a price point ($150.00'ish) and will their be a BFS casting rod in the Muse line? Also the high end rod is that the KP rod that has been talked about?

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:32 am

Can you tease us with a picture of a KP reel on a KP rod?????????????????? :shock:

vncnt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vncnt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 pm

I'll buy a spinning model... if the reel seat gets flipped around... :big grin:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:07 pm

13Fishing wrote:Sorry, for the delay on this thread. We were either busy fishing or wanted to leave you guys hanging in suspense, haven't decided just yet.

These shots are from a recent product testing trip in Northern MN. If anyone is looking to catch smallies in the 18"-21"+ category, get your drive on and make the trip. Mille Lacs is absolutely on fire.

The rod in question is a new series called MUSE. There are both GOLD and BLACK editions.. The cork/eva handle is the GOLD, the carbon design is BLACK. They both fall into the price point between the ENVY and OMEN. Actions differ with BLACK being much faster than the GOLD (only spinning, more live bait/jigging/rigging applications).

1. They will not have ACS seats (I don't like those, so don't worry). Custom seats coming for the BLACK.
2. The back section of the black is integrated carbon. Similar to a few high end Japanese rods we had been playing with last season. It's a good look and feel, and the final design will be larger.
4. Using a new layout and pattern from Mitsubishi Rayon for this series (ultra sensitive stuff here).
5. We have a 1" gap on spinning rods so you can still forearm a rod while fighting a fish, saltwater guys in us. Plus...it looks cool.
7. The highest end, ultra kick butt turbo 10,000 (made in Japan) with Ti/K/Tz guides and magical goodness is not pictured. However, we akin it's fishing ability to holding a newborn baby for the first time...it's that magical...we'll tease a few pics soon.

If we've missed anything, please ask away. We are always here, stalking, I mean...watching. :-$

Thanks,
Jim
7. So when referring to the high end model, is this a 3rd model? Not the gold or black? The sticks are made in Japan, or the blanks/graphite? Are all models getting Ti/Tz K series guides, or just this turbo model? If prices below the Envy, are these blanks below the Envy. Ti/Tz guides ain't cheap. Then again, black recoils aren't either.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
13Fishing wrote:Sorry, for the delay on this thread. We were either busy fishing or wanted to leave you guys hanging in suspense, haven't decided just yet.

Thanks,
Jim
7. So when referring to the high end model, is this a 3rd model? Not the gold or black? The sticks are made in Japan, or the blanks/graphite? Are all models getting Ti/Tz K series guides, or just this turbo model? If prices below the Envy, are these blanks below the Envy. Ti/Tz guides ain't cheap. Then again, black recoils aren't either.
I believe he's speaking on a completely different rod that has yet to be revealed. Torzite guides alone probably cost $60-$70 wholesale, can't see that on a $170 rod. It does look like K-series on the Muse, but I'm guessing alconite. I imagine it's going to be a $400-$450 rod above the Envy. I'm excited to see all these new rods.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 am

tywithay wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Thanks,
Jim
I believe he's speaking on a completely different rod that has yet to be revealed. Torzite guides alone probably cost $60-$70 wholesale, can't see that on a $170 rod. It does look like K-series on the Muse, but I'm guessing alconite. I imagine it's going to be a $400-$450 rod above the Envy. I'm excited to see all these new rods.
Guessing here but;

I think you are correct. The pictured rods fall below the Envy in price point (so I assume the blank is not likely to be 40T). Maybe 36 T like the Recons.

Some of his other references are to their new high end rod line (originally conceived as the KP) and will incorporate all the high end specs alluded to. I personally like to see the X wrap introduced with lighter and small diameter blanks into the high end rod line.

Can't know for sure what their price point will be of the top rod line, but would have to guess it's going to be high $300 to low to mid $400.

13Fishing seems to want to (and does, IMO) offer best "bang or the buck" products, so pushing the high end rod line into $500 and/or higher price range puts them in direct competition with the likes of Megabass (also with a US presence). IMO not a great place to be as a relative new comer in the high end rod market especially with the desirability and high esteem which Megabass rods enjoy by enthusiasts. Of course with TW sales and Megabass' exemption from those discounts may come into play in selecting a price point for the high end rod line.

I am anxiously waiting to see what they introduce at ICast this year.

Tis' fun to speculate. :D

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:15 am

Hola, TT fandum, how's the fishing?

It is fun to speculate, no doubt about that. We will continue to do our best updating the projects, with the understanding that we can't show our full hand before ICAST (although, I'm in a pretty good mood this week).

With that, let's talk shop.

The MUSE may come in a bit higher than the suggested price I see on here, as we are upgrading components to provide an even better value and experience (but not too much more). You won't see these on the ICAST floor, as it's set for a launch similar to the CONCEPT last season. Thinking about a "Get Lucky on Valentine's Day" promotion.

The high-end rod we are doing a superb job about keeping everyone in the dark (I know, not usually like us) is the Archangel. This one is going to come in as top dog in pricing, will be JDM as it's manufactured in Japan and will feature multiple components never seen in the US market. The first being a new X-wrap style pattern from Mitsubishi Rayon, you guys are going to drool over the balance to weight ratio it allows. The Ti/K/Tz guides as we've been teasing (and I wish they were that cost at wholesale). We are also using new Fuji seats, custom paints, and outside of one trade show these guys haven't been seen (again, drool worthy). A new scrim material and utilization of the best components such as Trondak epoxy...seriously, it's just magical.

There are amazing rods by great manufacturers in this category. All beautifully hand crafted and attention to detail like no other. However, I'll go out on a limb and say in it's price point, for components, feel and build, you'd be taxed to find a superior. And I'll also go out on a limb and say someone may have a good chance around ICAST of being the first person to own a KP/Archangel combo (wink, hint, nudge, smack). This one will be showcased in Orlando.

...and noted on the teasing of that pic, I'll see what we can do.

Jim