Muse rods?

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Muse rods?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 am

13Fishing wrote:Hola, TT fandum, how's the fishing?

It is fun to speculate, no doubt about that. We will continue to do our best updating the projects, with the understanding that we can't show our full hand before ICAST (although, I'm in a pretty good mood this week).

With that, let's talk shop.

The MUSE may come in a bit higher than the suggested price I see on here, as we are upgrading components to provide an even better value and experience (but not too much more). You won't see these on the ICAST floor, as it's set for a launch similar to the CONCEPT last season. Thinking about a "Get Lucky on Valentine's Day" promotion.

The high-end rod we are doing a superb job about keeping everyone in the dark (I know, not usually like us) is the Archangel. This one is going to come in as top dog in pricing, will be JDM as it's manufactured in Japan and will feature multiple components never seen in the US market. The first being a new X-wrap style pattern from Mitsubishi Rayon, you guys are going to drool over the balance to weight ratio it allows. The Ti/K/Tz guides as we've been teasing (and I wish they were that cost at wholesale). We are also using new Fuji seats, custom paints, and outside of one trade show these guys haven't been seen (again, drool worthy). A new scrim material and utilization of the best components such as Trondak epoxy...seriously, it's just magical.

There are amazing rods by great manufacturers in this category. All beautifully hand crafted and attention to detail like no other. However, I'll go out on a limb and say in it's price point, for components, feel and build, you'd be taxed to find a superior. And I'll also go out on a limb and say someone may have a good chance around ICAST of being the first person to own a build or KP/Archangel combo (wink, hint, nudge, smack). This one will be showcased in Orlando.

...and noted on the teasing of that pic, I'll see what we can do.

Jim
Jim, Jim, Jim.....JIM! So a big YES for the Fuji reel seats, and being you don't like the ACS.....is...it possible we may see the new PTS reel seat [-o< . Torzites kinda lead me to believe that. And maybe even a custom painted PTS :big grin: Now, I have read a few posts/reviews regarding minor quality control issues such as epoxy over run, crooked guides, etc. With the labor coming out of Japan do you think we will see less of this? It's become very hard for to purchase a rod sight unseen as I have no local dealers, so I build or have built. You said it, hand crafted and attention to detail like no other. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be crossing some eyeballs with a few of these new sticks. It's also nice of you to get on here and shoot the shoot with us. Can't wait to see them. 6 weeks and counting ](*,)

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 am

For that top end rod, can you give us an idea on pricing? $300 - 400? $400-500?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 am

Well look at that, it's true what they say about the enthusiasts on here, they do know their stuff. They will be custom painted right there in Japan, and they will in fact be the PTS and TVS. We'll try to make the KP/Archangel pic show that off. We do love tooling our own reel seats, even guides if we can; but, Fuji knocked it out of the park on both of these projects. Can't deny that one.

As for the pricing, go a tad north of your highest range. Think Tz/Ti, new custom seats, highest end rod building material from Mitsubishi Rayon...it's going to be an epic build. While 13 may be young in name, the experience behind is not. Building rods/reels is all we know. And while that doesn't justify overpricing an item (which we will never do), we wanted to prove with this series that our capabilities are there. We can (and will) run with the big dogs (insert Rocky running up the steps).

Having said that, you may see an Archangel in the future (slightly altered components) to fit those price points in the message above.

And yes, the build quality will far outshine anything in our previous collections. Our ramping up of production had a few bad eggs get through QC. We've since corrected that process; however, these Archangel rods will not be mass produced. They are as close to custom as building it in your basement can get.

Jim

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Will there be options to customize the higher end rods similar to the reels? I love the understated raw blank look.

Do you think this new muse line will canabalize sales of the envy line? Sounds like comparable performance at a lower price point?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 pm

13Fishing wrote:Well look at that, it's true what they say about the enthusiasts on here, they do know their stuff. They will be custom painted right there in Japan, and they will in fact be the PTS and TVS. We'll try to make the KP/Archangel pic show that off. We do love tooling our own reel seats, even guides if we can; but, Fuji knocked it out of the park on both of these projects. Can't deny that one.

As for the pricing, go a tad north of your highest range. Think Tz/Ti, new custom seats, highest end rod building material from Mitsubishi Rayon...it's going to be an epic build. While 13 may be young in name, the experience behind is not. Building rods/reels is all we know. And while that doesn't justify overpricing an item (which we will never do), we wanted to prove with this series that our capabilities are there. We can (and will) run with the big dogs (insert Rocky running up the steps).

Having said that, you may see an Archangel in the future (slightly altered components) to fit those price points in the message above.

And yes, the build quality will far outshine anything in our previous collections. Our ramping up of production had a few bad eggs get through QC. We've since corrected that process; however, these Archangel rods will not be mass produced. They are as close to custom as building it in your basement can get.

Jim
Sweet \:D/ How many rod models do you plan to initially introduce in the KP/AA line?

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 pm

THIS is why I love 13fishing! The attention to WANT by the angler! I'm not sure there's been a more explosive company in the fishing world since 13 caught fire! I really appreciate all of the insight! As you know, this is the place for these details as TT is one heck of an enthusiast site! I was blown away with what was achieved by the omen , especially the price. a friend added an Envy and he too was floored. Keep up the great work!

AND I CANT WAIT FOR LH reels ; )

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:34 am

Anyone ever type a message for ten minutes, only to hit submit and poof...it's gone. That just happened, epic.

Take 2.

We are looking at five to six actions now. We've been working as many as eight, but a few are being left off the roster. They just need another season of refinement. When you launch something at the top end of the food chain, you want it to be "perfect." I've been pushing the team to make each action a benchmark of balance, feel and fight. The engineers and product testers have been working tirelessly on this one over the last year, and I'm confident they will impress.

The X-wrap style patterns truly are amazing, and those Ti/Tz guides are the nicest things I've seen in all my years of rod building (for any country or company).

We have thought about extending the TrickShop into the Archangel lineup. That will require us shoring up many facets before launch, including our US manufacturing capabilities. Keep your eyes open, we will continue pushing the envelope.

As for the MUSE cannibalizing the ENVY, we are not overly concerned. While the ENVY is certainly a sensitive rod, it's built on power, balance and raw performance above all else. And while the MUSE (black and gold) rods are both powerful, they are built on a platform of sensitivity before any other trait. The market needs a competitively priced stick that can feel a fish fart, and that's what the MUSE brings.

And I do agree, the understated look is one of the best. Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication, right?

Jim

**Someone asked about Walleye actions as well. Last I heard, that fish had a very GOLD color...hint/nudge/wink/kick**

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 am

Quick question about the Archangel rods.

Are they going to be detailed to match the 13 Fishing reels or are they going to be generically accented to match pretty much any reel you put on them. Lots of Silver and Black reels need a nice new mount. :D

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 am

USA,

I think you will be very happy with the sexy Archangel cosmetic. Please keep in mind our reels are Black, White, and Silver...so the Concepts really match almost everything. If we happen to add a accent or something to the Archangel I am sure we will have a 13 Trickshop component for your reel so that everything is matchy matchy. We want to make sure you look extra good when you rock 13 Fishing gear.

Matt
13 Fishing

USA-RET wrote:Quick question about the Archangel rods.

Are they going to be detailed to match the 13 Fishing reels or are they going to be generically accented to match pretty much any reel you put on them. Lots of Silver and Black reels need a nice new mount. :D

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:59 am

Might we see some new fancy reel seat on this rod?

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am

Will we see something similar to Kistlers' custom Z-bones? Where we, the enthused fisherman, will be able to choose components and build of the rod? If not components, at least the build? Would love to see a spiral wrapped production casting rod. :D

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Afrayedknot wrote:Might we see some new fancy reel seat on this rod?
I think they are using the new Fuji reel seats

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 pm

13Fishing wrote:USA,

I think you will be very happy with the sexy Archangel cosmetic. Please keep in mind our reels are Black, White, and Silver...so the Concepts really match almost everything. If we happen to add a accent or something to the Archangel I am sure we will have a 13 Trickshop component for your reel so that everything is matchy matchy. We want to make sure you look extra good when you rock 13 Fishing gear.

Matt
13 Fishing

USA-RET wrote:Quick question about the Archangel rods.

Good to know Matt, you know my shoes always have to match my handbag. :lol:

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Really quick on the Archangel, as I had a heads up this morning in the booth about a thread on here (guys at ICAST love you crazies, by the way...they really do notice).

The series will start at $650, range up towards $725. They are built off the new MR70 from Mitsubishi Rayon with a process called Zonal Design Theory, more to come later on that. It does have all the bells and whistles and it can feel a fish fart, as someone wondered. It really is a functioning piece of art.

I'll be back to give details, pictures, and maybe even one of them away (on fb or twitter).

Jim

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 pm

13Fishing wrote:Really quick on the Archangel, as I had a heads up this morning in the booth about a thread on here (guys at ICAST love you crazies, by the way...they really do notice).

The series will start at $650, range up towards $725. They are built off the new MR70 from Mitsubishi Rayon with a process called Zonal Design Theory, more to come later on that. It does have all the bells and whistles and it can feel a fish fart, as someone wondered. It really is a functioning piece of art.

I'll be back to give details, pictures, and maybe even one of them away (on fb or twitter).

Jim
=D> =D> Thanks for the info, Jim!