13 Fishing rod for Lunker Punker type lures.

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

13 Fishing rod for Lunker Punker type lures.

Post by dragon1 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:48 pm

More specifically, something in the 7'3"-ish to 7'8"-ish range with a slightly shorter rear handle...for tossing bigger topwaters ranging from Lunker Punker/Punker Jr wood, and other topwaters, wake baits in the 1-4oz range.

Do you have a time frame for "creating" a rod of this ilk? ;)

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 13 Fishing rod for Lunker Punker type lures.

Post by 13Fishing » Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 am

Hmmm, roughly what size rear grip would be ideal for you? I think the 7'7" rods in the Green series might offer you a few great choices.

-13 Fishing

dragon1 wrote:More specifically, something in the 7'3"-ish to 7'8"-ish range with a slightly shorter rear handle...for tossing bigger topwaters ranging from Lunker Punker/Punker Jr wood, and other topwaters, wake baits in the 1-4oz range.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:59 pm

13Fishing wrote:Hmmm, roughly what size rear grip would be ideal for you? I think the 7'7" rods in the Green series might offer you a few great choices.

-13 Fishing

dragon1 wrote:More specifically, something in the 7'3"-ish to 7'8"-ish range with a slightly shorter rear handle...for tossing bigger topwaters ranging from Lunker Punker/Punker Jr wood, and other topwaters, wake baits in the 1-4oz range.

Need more weight capacity for a wooden Lunker Punker, or Punker Jr. Also, a 7'3" with say a 10.5" rear grip to trigger would be more ideal (granted the 7'8" range I mention is still "doable"). The 7'7" Green series looks a lot like the UMBX 707MH that I already have, or even the 707H that I used to have - specs-wise. And neither one of these rods is near powerful enough to toss a wooden Punker Jr. that is well over 2oz.

Something along the lines of the Daiwa Zillion 7'4" swim bait rod, but with a tip that is not so stiff. On the longer end of the spectrum, something like the iRod 7'8" Jr. Swimbait.

TIA.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Dragon,

Take a look at the 7'6" H action Envy Black....that rod has a amazing tip on it and sounds pretty close to what you are describing. Our heavy actions are pretty versatile and balanced, not your typical telephone pole H actions.

Matt
13 Fishing
dragon1 wrote:
13Fishing wrote:Hmmm, roughly what size rear grip would be ideal for you? I think the 7'7" rods in the Green series might offer you a few great choices.

-13 Fishing

Need more weight capacity for a wooden Lunker Punker, or Punker Jr. Also, a 7'3" with say a 10.5" rear grip to trigger would be more ideal (granted the 7'8" range I mention is still "doable"). The 7'7" Green series looks a lot like the UMBX 707MH that I already have, or even the 707H that I used to have - specs-wise. And neither one of these rods is near powerful enough to toss a wooden Punker Jr. that is well over 2oz.

Something along the lines of the Daiwa Zillion 7'4" swim bait rod, but with a tip that is not so stiff. On the longer end of the spectrum, something like the iRod 7'8" Jr. Swimbait.

TIA.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 pm

13Fishing wrote:Dragon,

Take a look at the 7'6" H action Envy Black....that rod has a amazing tip on it and sounds pretty close to what you are describing. Our heavy actions are pretty versatile and balanced, not your typical telephone pole H actions.

Matt
13 Fishing
dragon1 wrote:

-13 Fishing

TIA.

Thank you and will do.