Shallow Spool upgrades?

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: KP Spool and why its cool

Post by Mcyl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 am

Bronzeye wrote:
13Fishing wrote:You guys will be able to own A, C, E, and KP reels and switch around the custom parts. The upgrades within the models are all based on MATERIAL upgrades for better performance while the overall Chassis remains the same. As a angler I wish that I could swap spools to change line...or go to a deeper or shallower spool based on the application of that days fishing. With the Concept series you WILL have that ability.
Very smart!

I wish you had come out with reels designed with that philosophy before my last four or five reel purchases! When shore fishing with a single combo, it's a big plus to be able to change line colors or types in response to changing light intensity or cover type.
What reels you last five? RCS and Yumeya has been doing just that for spinning as well as casting reels.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 am

13Fishing wrote:
KpspoolinA.JPG-1-2.jpg
KPspool-1-3.jpg
TT Fans,

Thank you for all the notes regarding the spools in development for the Concept Program. I have attached a few pictures to show off the KP prototype spool so I could show you why the Concept series is special. We are designing a full series of reels that will have aftermarket parts that are interchangeable within the series. This will allow anglers to upgrade to KP parts, or 13 Trickshop custom parts without stressing about them not fitting their model. You guys will be able to own A, C, E, and KP reels and switch around the custom parts. The upgrades within the models are all based on MATERIAL upgrades for better performance while the overall Chassis remains the same. As a angler I wish that I could swap spools to change line...or go to a deeper or shallower spool based on the application of that days fishing. With the Concept series you WILL have that ability. You will be able to have a boat full of reels from 170-500 and still have versatility to customize your set.

Matt
13 Fishing
What's the capacity and spool weight?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:53 pm

MCYL,

The spools(Shallow and Deep) are not finalized so we cannot confirm specs yet, but we will when they are ready. The KP spool is lighter than the standard spools of the A, C, and E models. It holds 75yds of 100lb. We will post the weight very soon....just weighed the final KP prototype and it looks like it will be confirmed slightly lighter than the originally released specifications.

Matt
13 Fishing

What reels you last five? <----no idea what this means in your last post, please clarify.

Mcyl wrote:
13Fishing wrote:
KpspoolinA.JPG-1-2.jpg
KPspool-1-3.jpg
TT Fans,

Thank you for all the notes regarding the spools in development for the Concept Program. I have attached a few pictures to show off the KP prototype spool so I could show you why the Concept series is special. We are designing a full series of reels that will have aftermarket parts that are interchangeable within the series. This will allow anglers to upgrade to KP parts, or 13 Trickshop custom parts without stressing about them not fitting their model. You guys will be able to own A, C, E, and KP reels and switch around the custom parts. The upgrades within the models are all based on MATERIAL upgrades for better performance while the overall Chassis remains the same. As a angler I wish that I could swap spools to change line...or go to a deeper or shallower spool based on the application of that days fishing. With the Concept series you WILL have that ability. You will be able to have a boat full of reels from 170-500 and still have versatility to customize your set.

Matt
13 Fishing

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Haha
Bad typo on my behalf Matt. I was asking Bronzeye what were his last 5 reel purchases were.
However I ain't the only one. 75yds of 10lb is a excellent capacity for finesse fishing as well as for other uses.
13Fishing wrote:MCYL,

The spools(Shallow and Deep) are not finalized so we cannot confirm specs yet, but we will when they are ready. The KP spool is lighter than the standard spools of the A, C, and E models. It holds 75yds of 100lb. We will post the weight very soon....just weighed the final KP prototype and it looks like it will be confirmed slightly lighter than the originally released specifications.

Matt
13 Fishing

What reels you last five? <----no idea what this means in your last post, please clarify.

Mcyl wrote:
13Fishing wrote:
KpspoolinA.JPG-1-2.jpg
KPspool-1-3.jpg
TT Fans,

Matt
13 Fishing

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shallow Spool upgrades?

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Can you now tell weight of KP spool?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:28 am

I had one but didn't weigh the spool before trading it off. It felt heavy, like Tatula weight range. I', guessing 15-17 grams range.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:36 pm

LowRange wrote:I had one but didn't weigh the spool before trading it off. It felt heavy, like Tatula weight range. I', guessing 15-17 grams range.
Can't be so heavy. I have Concept C original and TrickShop spool. Original weights less than 15g, spare spool 17,2g. Then i have Concept E and its 12,5g.